Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

That Obama Dude

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:47 pm

I am listening to this Obama guy, and he talks about a lot of nice things, guaranteed college education, affordable health care for all, better pay for teachers to assure better education, saving social security etc...things that no one could possibly be against. I just get a twitch in my ass when I think of how this is gonna get paid for. You see, I am one of those types that democrats seem to hate. Someone who needs to be made to pay for my "sins", the sin of being someone who worked his ass off to own his own business and make an income that is in the higher percentages in the country. I get the feeling if he wins I am going to be fiscally dragged into the streets and fucked up the ass, hard, and often.

He is gonna make this country paradise, only I am going to be bummed when I get the bill.

That scares me.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:55 am

What scares me is the forever-burned-on-my-retinas image this past Wednesday night of VP wannabe Biden -- following his speech -- awkwardly kissing who apeared to be his 14-year-old granddaughter / neice on stage and on the freakin' lips. God, I just cringed for that girl. One word: Ewwww. Mad
Back to top Go down

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 am

What scares me is guys like you that can"t think past his own wallet. If you think about it, you are paying for it either way. If we don't provide insurance and opportunity, you will pay for it with higher insurance bills, and we will continue to build more prisons.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 am

AL, you need a new avatar. May I suggest this?
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:02 am

well, let's give this some thought, shall we?

the middle class is getting a tax cut. So that means someone else's taxes have to go up, right?

Not the poor, cuz they got nothing, or they wouldn't be poor, right?

that leaves businesses, and the rich.
and, what the hell, you all can afford it, right, or you wouldn't be rich?

and we could solve all our fiscal crisises by wind-fall profit taxing the oil companies, who are, in the words of T-Bone Burnett, er, Pickens, overseeing the largest transfer of wealth ever.

Let's tax the hell out of them, and all thier presidents and VP's.

problem solved.

next?
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:28 am

Angry Liberal wrote:
What scares me is guys like you that can"t think past his own wallet. If you think about it, you are paying for it either way. If we don't provide insurance and opportunity, you will pay for it with higher insurance bills, and we will continue to build more prisons.

I note the ease at which "guys like you" want to solve problems with my wallet. Are you willing to sign up to pay more since everybody benefits from "insurance and opportunity"?

See why I am scared?

Last edited by Agent 13 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:43 am

clothier wrote:
well, let's give this some thought, shall we?

that leaves businesses, and the rich.
and, what the hell, you all can afford it, right, or you wouldn't be rich?

Being in the top 5% of wage earners might make one "rich" in some places, but not where I live. My property taxes are some of the highest in the country, all the legislation to help the less fortunate and non-insured have chased most health insurers out of my state, and the ones that have stayed have crazy rates. I work for myself and pay my own health insurance...almost $1800 a month! Add to this the fact the Alternative Minimum tax hasn't been revised in 176 years, meaning I can't even deduct my oppressive health care costs or property tax.

Ah, never mind, I'm gonna get fucked again. I guess I'm just mad because I should have gone drinking with my buddies when I was younger instead of working so damn hard to get ahead. What a waste of fucking time.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 am

A13, you just don't seem to get it.

If we take some of your stuff and give it to folks that don't have much stuff, it encourages them to take the initiative to..... well......

Get back in line for some more of your stuff.

Plus BO doesn't want it to stop at the waters edge. He also wants to double what we give away in foreign aid. The fact that the US already contributes more in aid than the rest of the world combined isn't enough. Let's double down on it.

Its all really nice.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:09 pm

laststandchili wrote:
A13, you just don't seem to get it.

If we take some of your stuff and give it to folks that don't have much stuff, it encourages them to take the initiative to..... well......

Get back in line for some more of your stuff.

Plus BO doesn't want it to stop at the waters edge. He also wants to double what we give away in foreign aid. The fact that the US already contributes more in aid than the rest of the world combined isn't enough. Let's double down on it.

Its all really nice.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying taxes...and between personal and business it is a lot of taxes, but when there are cries of lets make it fair, and the "rich" need to pay more, I get nervous.

A good example is what he wants to do with social security. As it stands we all pay into this government run retirement account, but BO wants the "rich" to pay more, yet he hasn't yet decided if that means they will get more back when the payouts occur. If, as seems likely, those who will now be asked to pay more don't get more, you are changing this from a retirement plan of sorts to retirement welfare, where those paying in the most will get no return on their dollars. He also talks about a new payroll tax to fund his healthcare policy. I pay an unbelievable amount in health premiums for my family and a couple of employees...now there will be another tax so I can help pay someone else's?

And the real steel toed kick in the balls in all this is how the same guy proposing this also spoke so eloquently about personal responsibility.

Is it still considered "personal responsibility" if someone else is paying the bills?
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:39 pm

It's pure and simple redistribution of wealth.

He has to do all the talk about personal responsibility to try to snow moderates.

The bulk of taxes are already paid by just a few percent of the highest earners in the country.

It's not an issue of whether they're better able to pay. It's their money. Whether they possess the skills, initiative, and drive to have earned it, or inherited it from their greedy capitalist oppressive grandparents, it's theirs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That Obama Dude Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Obama Dude   That Obama Dude Empty

Back to top Go down

That Obama Dude
Page 1 of 1