Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

What a Wonderful World!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

What a Wonderful World! Empty
PostSubject: What a Wonderful World!   What a Wonderful World! EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:31 am

Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What a Wonderful World!   What a Wonderful World! EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:59 pm

That song, though not necessarily the Ramones version, will always make me think of the movie 'Good Morning, Vietnam'. It played over the scene with the explosion in the bar and Robin Williams running around frantically.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What a Wonderful World!   What a Wonderful World! EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:05 am

That final Joey Ramone CD didn't leave my car's CD player for six months when it first came out. The fact that he made such when he was literally dying and chiefly in the hospital is staggering. A brilliant piece of work and very sad swan song. No :(
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What a Wonderful World!   What a Wonderful World! EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:32 am

i95 wrote:
That final Joey Ramone CD didn't leave my car's CD player for six months when it first came out. The fact that he made such when he was literally dying and chiefly in the hospital is staggering. A brilliant piece of work and very sad swan song. No :(

I agree 100%.

While the original version is a classic, Joey's means more to me.

Proof that I played it often, or maybe too much, was that when my daughter was in Kindergarten she had a special day where she brought in pictures of her family, her favorite snack (scotch and beef jerky) and her favorite music. For the latter most kids brought in the Wiggles, of Raffi, or some other torturous kid music. I am proud to say my kid brought in Joey Ramone's version of this song. Not sure what the teacher thought of that.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a Wonderful World!   What a Wonderful World! Empty

Back to top Go down

What a Wonderful World!
Page 1 of 1