Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Adventures in Parenting

Go down 
+3
i95
Agent 13
laststandchili
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Adventures in Parenting Empty
PostSubject: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:48 am

http://news.aol.com/article/2nd-out-of-state-teen-dumped-in-omaha/193761

How pissed do you have to be at your kid to dump them in Omaha?
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:50 am

laststandchili wrote:
http://news.aol.com/article/2nd-out-of-state-teen-dumped-in-omaha/193761

How pissed do you have to be at your kid to dump them in Omaha?

If they expanded this law to allow for wife dumping, I'd ride the missus out on the handlebars of my bike.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Agent 13, how was your recent assignment in DC Question
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:36 pm

i95 wrote:
Agent 13, how was your recent assignment in DC Question

While I can't offer many details (security you know) I was puzzled by the local's insistence that all bagels must be toasted prior to serving.

I also was surprised to enjoy a very good breakfast at a chain diner...the Silver Diner...who knew?? This place puts many of the revered NY and NJ diners to shame. As a disclaimer, I didn't know it was a chain until we sat down. I am glad, because I may have avoided it had I known and missed a great meal.

Other notable meals were at Ben's, The Diner, Open City, and restaurant at The National Museum of the American Indian (Mitsitam Café). The latter bordered on shocking as far as quality and range of offerings.

Less notable was meal at Il Raddichio in Arlington. When I was a resident, I was chagrined to discover that the ravioli at the "best" Italian store in the area were butoni factory models. 20 years later I had hoped "one of the best" Italian meals in DC would not involve bread strikingly similar to wonder, and spaghetti that was all stuck together. Lesson learned...scratch Italian off options when in DC.

Hey, one bad meal isn't bad.

Sightseeing hits...WWII memorial, American Indian/Native American/Whatever museum. Sadly, the zoo, while a lot of fun, also taught us that the spinning tail of a hippo can propel feces quite a distance. Consider this a warning.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Silver Diner is fine for breakfast but is modest, at best, for all other meals. You weren't at Ben's last Friday for lunch, were you? I was and it would've been funny had you also been there. And, yes, the owner of another food site has raved about the food offerings at the Museum of the American Indian but I don't yet have the tolerance for tourists to try it.

(I did, however, try this place over the weekend and was duly impressed. Yum-friggin'-o.)
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Just to add...we intended on trying the highly recommended Cashions Eat Place, but headed there after a day of strolling and felt quite under dressed.

We will reserve this recommendation for another trip when we are cleaned up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:52 pm

i95 wrote:
Silver Diner is fine for breakfast but is modest, at best, for all other meals. You weren't at Ben's last Friday for lunch, were you? I was and it would've been funny had you also been there. And, yes, the owner of another food site has raved about the food offerings at the Museum of the American Indian but I don't yet have the tolerance for tourists to try it.

(I did, however, try this place over the weekend and was duly impressed. Yum-friggin'-o.)

We went to Ben's on Saturday. I too have a low tolerance for tourists. I was appalled how many go to places like the Vietnam memorial, Iwo Jima, or WWII memorial and treat it like a play ground. These are places for respect and reflection and worst of all, were the groups of students chaperoned by asshole teachers who should have had the smarts to advise their charges to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! I told some kids to shut up and stop climbing on the wall at the Vietnam memorial and their mom said "excuse me" in that tone that makes me want to become very violent...and I said to her she better take the advice I just gave her kids. She looked frightened, as I probably had some veins bulging on my forehead, and quickly left the area. What assholes!

I am guessing a weekday trip to the Indian place would be within your tolerances. We hit zoo on Friday and it was deserted. I liked that.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
I am guessing a weekday trip to the Indian place would be within your tolerances.

Oh...

Adventures in Parenting 4

...you'd be surprised.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
I said to her she better take the advice I just gave her kids. She looked frightened, as I probably had some veins bulging on my forehead, and quickly left the area.

She was probably afraid that you were about to spin your tail and propel feces on them.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:34 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
I said to her she better take the advice I just gave her kids. She looked frightened, as I probably had some veins bulging on my forehead, and quickly left the area.

She was probably afraid that you were about to spin your tail and propel feces on them.

I've seen him do that. It's not pretty.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 8:22 am

when you get down to it, aren't we all tourists?
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 9:34 am

clothier wrote:
when you get down to it, aren't we all tourists?

you are a deep thinker
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 3:36 pm

thanks.

and I love being a tourist.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:14 pm

clothier wrote:
thanks.

and I love being a tourist.

I like being a tourist as well. I think the "tourist" people object to are not actually "tourists", but traveling fucktards. They are probably inconsiderate, loud, obnoxious assholes at home, and just continue when they hit the road.

I hate traveling fucktards.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:22 pm

i95 wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
I am guessing a weekday trip to the Indian place would be within your tolerances.

Oh...

Adventures in Parenting 4

...you'd be surprised.

I really enjoyed that movie. It was pleasing from the standpoint of someone not taking crap from the usual sources, but was also very sad, as I am sure there are many near or at that point.
Back to top Go down
Dire Fromage
Off Topic A Lot!
Off Topic A Lot!
Dire Fromage

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:22 pm

i HATE traveling fucktards. God they are so dumb and annoying. and i hate being a traveling fucktard. i just wish that i knew everything about the world so i wouldnt have to be a fuckin tourist when i go to some place new. And the Uzbekistanian tourists that we get here....They are rude and disgusting and they shouldn't be allowed to travel.

Last edited by Dire Fromage on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : love vs. hate)
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Dire Fromage wrote:
i HATE traveling fucktards. God they are so dumb and annoying. and i hate being a traveling fucktard. i just wish that i knew everything about the world so i wouldnt have to be a fuckin tourist when i go to some place new. And the Uzbekistanian tourists that we get here....They are rude and disgusting and they shouldn't be allowed to travel.

No, no, no...you are using the terms interchangeably. All tourists are not traveling fucktards and being the latter has nothing to do with not knowing all about where you travel. It is about being an ill mannered, obnoxious person on the go. Like the people who go into a historic hotel and put their feet up on upholstered chairs, or who will sit on a historic marker sign so other tourists can't read what it says. (I made some new friends at the Iwo Jima memorial in Washington this past week over that issue...I told some kid that I didn't travel 300 miles to see him sitting on a sign...too subtle...move your ass got my message across)

Maybe my problem is just that I hate people. I should probably just stay at home.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Maybe my problem is just that I hate people. I should probably just stay at home.

Some days you really make it clear how it is that you and I get along so well.
Back to top Go down
Dire Fromage
Off Topic A Lot!
Off Topic A Lot!
Dire Fromage

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 am

I think I can safely use the terms interchangebly....unless the tourist is me or you.
and I think I can safely say we should both stay home.

Maybe George will come visit...I'll make a tart
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:08 am

I feel your pain.

I caused an International Incident in Gettysburg when I told some whiny-ass candian teen off for spitting on one of the monuments. I'm not sure I'm allowed back in PA. Something to do with calling a minor a fucktard.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:16 am

I think you're ok.

Is Canada even really a country?
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:21 am

here in michigan we think it is. I don't know what you east coast liberals think about it. If you ever even think about it. Mostly you are too busy trying to ignore anything west of I-95 anyway.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:25 am

clothier wrote:
Mostly you are too busy trying to ignore anything west of I-95 anyway.

I know that there's a joke in there somewhere but, frankly, my brain hurts.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 am

just let it lay there. POW will pick it up when he comes back from hawiaii
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:33 am

clothier wrote:
here in michigan we think it is. I don't know what you east coast liberals think about it. If you ever even think about it. Mostly you are too busy trying to ignore anything west of I-95 anyway.

As an east coast conservative I mostly think of Canada as being our emergency supply of wood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Parenting   Adventures in Parenting Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Parenting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Social Issues, Disease, Distortions-
Jump to: