Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

"Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

"Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! Empty
PostSubject: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:03 pm

I ask you all (as if anyone except for Gallegos is actually paying attention to this website) whether anyone is watching the new episodes of "Weeds" and/or "Entourage" and, if so, what they think? I know Georgie has been a fan of these shows in the past. Is anybody home?
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 pm

I have seen all this season's episodes of Weeds (except for Monday night's), but haven't seen Entourage yet. I have ghetto cable, so watching these programs requires me to see illegally uploaded content from sites like megavideo.com and such.

The initial reports I got on the first episode of Entourage were not that encouraging. I didn't ask about this past week's episode.

I thought last season of Weeds almost lost me. I enjoyed the black humor of the first couple of seasons, but it has gotten darker and darker over time. This year, the humor is still pretty dark, but it has had some more moments of true humor - though I think that what has become of Silas' character is just completely bizarre. Seems as if he used to be the moral compass of the show - and now he has become a pre-teen pot dealer, who threatened to "whack" his teacher? Come on.

Still, I seem to be enjoying Weeds for what it is, but it is not the must-see TV that it was in the first couple of seasons.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:05 pm

I'm with you on "Weeds". I used to love it and although I certainly don't love it anymore now I watch it to continue following the story and for the few flashes of brilliance.

In my opinion "Entourage" appears to be coming back strong. I've enjoyed the "Vince back on top" arc of the storyline and Sloane is hotter than ever. Favorite character: Turtle!
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:46 am

I think I may go and watch Monday's Weeds now. I promised my other Entourage friend that I would get caught up while she was out of town this weekend. Maybe I'll do that...since I am stuck home this weekend!
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 am

you guys and your fancy-schmancy cable.

those are TV shows, right?

Never seen them.

Next!
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 am

clothier's TV

"Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! Old-tv-set
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:53 am

heck no!

"Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! Tv

we gots color now!
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 am

clothier wrote:
we gots color now!

"Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! Racist
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:31 am

so over on FB one of my friends said she looking to form a "lynch mob" since one of her girlfriends was getting divoriced from her hubby, and her hubby tried to steal their horses in the night.

I made mention of the fact that perhaps she might want to phrase that another way, since it's about the most racist thing you can say, and she went off the deep end about it. "It's not racist, there's nothing racist about it, it's you liberals and PC people who have made phrases like that not safe to use anymore", and she went on and on.

I, showing restraint that I rarely show, let her rant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:35 pm

It wasn't "safe" to use back in the day, either. Dipshit.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Are you guys trying to tell me that it's now not politically correct to hang a horse thief? When did the Internets come to the 19th century, anyway?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:36 pm

i95 wrote:
"Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! Racist

Doesn't he mean "THAT'S RASCIST"?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:38 pm

Is it at all "ironic" that Alanis Morissette is playing Nancy's ob/gyn on "Weeds"? I'm betting that she thinks it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!   "Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack! Empty

Back to top Go down

"Weeds" and "Entourage" - They're Baaaack!
Page 1 of 1