Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie Empty
PostSubject: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:32 pm

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie Journeytothecenterposter

Caught the DC screening of this this evening and if you're willing to suspend disbelief as well as put your faith into a summer blockbuster in the place of "Hancock" which should've held such role, the latest telling of the Jules Verne book may just be the big PG hit this summer. Yes, it's in 3-D. Yes it virtually has no stars (yeah, I know, Brendan Fraser but honestly, two words: Encino Man). But if your target is effects-loving 13-year-olds (I brought my said age son who LOVED the film), the latest "Journey to the Center of the Earth" flick might be the ticket.

Indeed, a good summer ride. Cool
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:07 am

With i-95 rapidly becoming our go-to source for movie reviews I believe it's time for him to impliment some sort of official movie quality-rating system. The star system is too overdone and Siskel and Ebert have legal rights to the "thumbs up" shtick, so something fresh and new is called for. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:16 am

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
With i-95 rapidly becoming our go-to source for movie reviews

This site is featuring a disturbing amount of discussion of childrens films.

I'm just saying.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:24 am

Independent George was just telling me about this film he saw. Perhaps he can broaden this sites cinematic horizon.

Review George?? How was it? Question

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie 119027053616origdy9
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:27 am

laststandchili wrote:

You're right and such is undoubtedly due to the large number of adult fare films currently out there which would require a subpoena for me to see. (Can you say "The Love Guru"?)
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:51 am

i95 wrote:
laststandchili wrote:

You're right and such is undoubtedly due to the large number of adult fare films currently out there which would require a subpoena for me to see. (Can you say "The Love Guru"?)

Word on the street is that this is the last grown up movie you saw in the theatre...

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie Gtredisonposterch2

Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:58 am

i95 wrote:
laststandchili wrote:

While that is an excellent and perfectly valid point, it doesn't explain away the trench coat in July, or the non-descript late 80s model van.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:01 am

Whoaaaa 13! I said SACK Lunch.

I wanted to see Rochelle Rochelle (a young girl's erotic journey from Milan to Minsk), but that fucking Elaine bitch insisted.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:09 am

laststandchili wrote:
While that is an excellent and perfectly valid point, it doesn't explain away the trench coat in July, or the non-descript late 80s model van.

Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:13 am

Independent George wrote:
Whoaaaa 13! I said SACK Lunch.

I wanted to see Rochelle Rochelle (a young girl's erotic journey from Milan to Minsk), but that fucking Elaine bitch insisted.

Damn, maybe my wife is right. I DO need to listen better. Hot Lunch was pretty good though!
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:35 am

laststandchili wrote:

I'm just saying.

Sir,
I am totally appalled at your feeble attempt to brand the estimable Mr. 95 as some sort os sleazy perv. On the other hand, I have always found clothier's over-the-top affection for all things Harry Potter related more than a little suspicious.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:39 am

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie 119027053616origdy9

So, it seems that Harriet and Brian are now using the stage names Desiree Cousteau and Jerry Heath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie   "Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie Empty

Back to top Go down

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" movie
Page 1 of 1