Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Hey Al.........

Go down 
+4
Independent George
Cathy Rigby
Agent 13
laststandchili
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:44 pm

BLOW ME.

Climate Monitoring / Climate At A Glance / UNITED STATES / Help

UNITED STATES
Climate Summary
April 2008

The average temperature in April 2008 was 51.0 F. This was -1.0 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average, the 29th coolest April in 114 years. The temperature trend for the period of record (1895 to present) is 0.1 degrees Fahrenheit per decade.

2.39 inches of precipitation fell in April. This was -0.04 inches less than the 1901-2000 average, the 54th driest such month on record. The precipitation trend for the period of record (1895 to present) is 0.01 inches per decade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:29 pm

laststandchili wrote:
BLOW ME.

Climate Monitoring / Climate At A Glance / UNITED STATES / Help

UNITED STATES
Climate Summary
April 2008

The average temperature in April 2008 was 51.0 F. This was -1.0 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average, the 29th coolest April in 114 years. The temperature trend for the period of record (1895 to present) is 0.1 degrees Fahrenheit per decade.

2.39 inches of precipitation fell in April. This was -0.04 inches less than the 1901-2000 average, the 54th driest such month on record. The precipitation trend for the period of record (1895 to present) is 0.01 inches per decade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude, you already lost a star! Congratulations you cleared the first hurdle. Be careful, they just get lower from here on out! cheers turd beer baby bow scare puke2 sm doggy hammer okay, that's enough
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Outstanding. And I did it while insulting Al Gore.

It's gonna be a great fucking weekend!
Back to top Go down
Cathy Rigby
Off Topic A Lot!
Off Topic A Lot!
Cathy Rigby

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Gore has a BA in Gubmint from Haavaad, he has no expertise on anything in particular.

Except possibly the usurpation of individual rights in the intrest of some ethereal metaphysical construct based on the certainty of the monumental ignorance of humanity. -- Sounds like another "thing" but I don't want to be a Hater...

Afterall he was smacked down for trying to steal an election...

Check it out--Warning Science Content

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?
q=OTc1MzdjOWEwMWUyNGMwYzkxMjMzZWIzMjE5NDc3MGQ=

Chill Out on Climate HysteriaThe Earth is currently cooling.

By Deroy Murdock

Australia, the land where sinks drain the other way, has alerted Americans that we see Earth’s climate upside down: We’re not warming. We’re cooling.

“Disconcerting as it may be to true believers in global warming, the average temperature on Earth has remained steady or slowly declined during the past decade, despite the continued increase in the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide, and now the global temperature is falling precipitously.” Dr. Phil Chapman wrote in The Australian on April 23. “All those urging action to curb global warming need to take off the blinkers and give some thought to what we should do if we are facing global cooling instead.”

Chapman neither can be caricatured as a greedy oil-company lobbyist nor dismissed as a flat-Earther. He was a Massachusetts Institute of Technology staff physicist, NASA’s first Australian-born astronaut, and Apollo 14’s Mission Scientist.

Chapman believes reduced sunspot activity is curbing temperatures. As he points out, “The reason this matters is that there is a close correlation between variations on the sunspot cycle and Earth’s climate.”

Anecdotally, last winter brought record cold to Florida, Mexico, and Greece, and rare snow to Jerusalem, Damascus, and Baghdad. China endured brutal ice and snow. Dr. Oleg Sorochtin of the Russian Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Oceanology advised: “Stock up on fur coats and felt boots!”

NASA satellites found that last winter’s Arctic Sea ice covered 2 million square kilometers (772,204 square miles) more than the last three years’ average. It also was 10 to 20 centimeters (4 to 8 inches) thicker than in 2007. The ice between Canada and southwest Greenland also spread dramatically. “We have to go back 15 years to find ice expansion so far south,” Denmark’s Meteorological Institute stated.

“Snows Return to Mount Kilimanjaro,” cheered a January 21 International Herald Tribune headline, burying one of the climate alarmists’ favorite warming anecdotes.

While neither these isolated facts nor one year’s statistics confirm global cooling, a decade of data contradict the “melting planet” rhetoric that heats Capitol Hill and America’s newsrooms.

“The University of Alabama, Huntsville’s analysis of data from satellites launched in 1979 showed a warming trend of 0.14 degrees Centigrade (0.25 degrees Fahrenheit) per decade,” Joseph D’Aleo, the Weather Channel’s first director of meteorology, told me. “This warmth peaked in 1998, and the temperature trend the last decade has been flat, even as CO2 has increased 5.5 percent. Cooling began in 2002. Over the last six years, global temperatures from satellite and land-temperature gauges have cooled (-0.14 F and -0.22 F, respectively). Ocean buoys have echoed that slight cooling since the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration deployed them in 2003.”

As marine geologist Dr. Robert Carter of Australia’s James Cook University recently observed: “The real-world global average temperature...exhibits no significant increase since 1998, and the preliminary 2007 year-end temperature confirms the continuation of a temperature plateau since 1998, to which is now appended a cooling trend over the last three years.”

“I don’t make climate predictions because I don’t know what the Sun will do next,” says S. Fred Singer, University of Virginia emeritus professor of environmental sciences and founding director of the U.S. Weather Satellite Service. “But analysis of the best data of the past 30 years has convinced me that the human contribution has been insignificant — in spite of the real rise in atmospheric CO2, a greenhouse gas.”

These researchers are not alone. They are among a rising tide of scientists who question the so-called “global warming” theory. Some further argue that global cooling merits urgent concern.

“In stark contrast to the often repeated assertion that the science of climate change is ‘settled,’ significant new peer-reviewed research has cast even more doubt on the hypothesis of dangerous human-caused global warming,” 100 prestigious geologists, physicists, meteorologists, and other scientists wrote U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon last December. They also noted that “today’s computer models cannot predict climate. Consistent with this, and despite computer projections of temperature rises, there has been no net global warming since 1998.”

In a December 2007 Senate Environment and Public Works Committee minority-staff report, more than 400 scientists — from such respected institutions as Princeton, the National Academy of Sciences, the University of London, and Paris’s Pasteur Institute — declared their independence from the global-warming “conventional wisdom.”

“Not CO2, but water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas,” asserted climatologist Luc Debontridder of Belgium’s Royal Meteorological Institute. “It is responsible for at least 75 percent of the greenhouse effect. This is a simple scientific fact, but Al Gore’s movie has hyped CO2 so much that nobody seems to take note of it.”

“The hypothesis that solar variability, and not human activity, is warming the oceans goes a long way to explain the puzzling idea that the Earth’s surface may be warming while the atmosphere is not,” explained Dr. David Wojick, co-founder of Carnegie-Mellon University’s Department of Engineering and Public Policy. “The public is not well served by this constant drumbeat of false alarms fed by computer models manipulated by advocates.”

AccuWeather’s Expert Senior Forecaster Joe Bastardi has stated: “People are concerned that 50 years from now, it will be warm beyond a point of no return. My concern is almost opposite, that it’s cold and getting colder.”

It has become impossible to keep up with the naysaying on “global warming.” Just yesterday, Nature — one of the planet’s most respected scientific journals — reported that so-called “global warming” is taking a hiatus through 2015, due to natural climate variability. Despite Al Gore’s claim that mankind is demolishing the climate, something greater than us (Mother Nature?) is obviating his pet theory. In its dispatch on this devastating blow to warming fetishists, London’s Daily Telegraph reports further that computer models belonging to the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (the Vatican of “global warming”) do not include “actual records of such events as the strength of the Gulf Stream and the El Niño cyclical warming event in the Pacific, which are known to have been behind the warmest year ever recorded in 1998.”

Astonishing.

How can anyone believe computer models that disregard the Gulf Stream, one of the key contributors to the Western Hemisphere’s weather and climatic events? This is akin to a map of the USA with Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas cut out of it. Even worse, ignoring El Niño in 1998, Earth’s hottest year, is like contemplating the mortally wounded body of Abraham Lincoln and looking away as John Wilkes Booth flees Ford’s Theater.

This is negligent “science” at best and utter flim-flam at worst.

If nothing else, all this obliterates the rampant lie that “the scientific debate on global warming is over.” That debate rages on.

Assuming that the very serious scientists cited here are correct, the “inconvenient truth” about global-warming is inconveniently false. If so, mankind should chill out and turn our thinking right side up.

© 2008 Scripps Howard News Service

— NRO contributing editor Deroy Murdock is a columnist with the Scripps Howard News Service and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyTue May 13, 2008 3:03 am

Wasn't there a recent movie about how global warming actually brought about this great destructive freeze?
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:19 am

Independent George wrote:
Wasn't there a recent movie about how global warming actually brought about this great destructive freeze?

Yes, and we should all do our part to help.

At home, I leave my heat on and windows open. If we all did this perhaps there would some warming of the air.

I also go to the grocery store a couple of times a week and open as many bottles of seltzer that I can (before security tosses me), thereby releasing all that trapped CO2. Just a tip, wear a jacket over your "free the bubbles" t-shirt or they'll see you coming.

I am also trying to find someone who can convert my hummer to run on coal.

We CAN make a difference!
Back to top Go down
Cathy Rigby
Off Topic A Lot!
Off Topic A Lot!
Cathy Rigby

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Independent George wrote:

Don't know, obviously it didn't have any hot chick on chick action or I'd have heard of it.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Am I the only one who finds
poster "Cathy Rigby's" avatar...

Hey Al......... 22-2

...kind of hot Question
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:03 pm

i95 wrote:
Am I the only one who finds
poster "Cathy Rigby's" avatar...

Hey Al......... 22-2

...kind of hot Question

No

Embarassed puke2
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Then I won't even ask
you about this one:

Hey Al......... 17-87
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyTue May 13, 2008 2:06 pm

i95 wrote:
Then I won't even ask
you about this one:

Hey Al......... 17-87

I meant you aren't the only one.

I do like the monkey one also, but for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:37 am

i95 wrote:
Then I won't even ask
you about this one:

Hey Al......... 17-87

Would this be a masturbation technique for someone who was into "Golden Showers"?
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Global Warming Skeptics Plot 'Carbon Belch Day'

Conservative grassroots group Grassfire.org wants people to waste as much energy as possible on June 12 to break free from "carbon footprint guilt."

By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek
May 27, 2008 03:12 PM

Conservative grassroots group Grassfire.org wants people to waste as much energy as possible on June 12 by "hosting a barbecue, going for a drive, watching television, leaving a few lights on, or even smoking a few cigars."
The point: the group wants to "help Americans break free from the 'carbon footprint guilt' being imposed by Climate Alarmists."

More CIO InsightsWhite PapersEMC CLARiiON Integration with VMware ESX Server The Benefits of a Business Management Software Suite for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses: Overcoming the Barriers of Stand-alone Business Applications Reports802.11n Is Here. Get Ready For A Wire-Free Enterprise How Merrill Lynch Plans To Virtualize Half Its Desktops Grassfire.org says it's skeptical over claims that man-made sources of carbon dioxide emissions -- from automobile exhausts to manufacturing plants -- are raising the Earth's temperature at a dangerous rate. Theories about global warming were highlighted by former Vice President Al Gore's 2006 film, An Inconvenient Truth.
Grassfire.org president Steve Elliott, in a statement, said such theories are off the mark. "It's time for Americans to purge ourselves of the false guilt that Al Gore and the Climate Alarmists have placed on us," Elliott said.

Grassfire.org said it chose June 12 as the day it wants Americans to rev up their SUVs because it coincides with expected debate in Congress over a $1.2 billion carbon tax rebate program. "Carbon Belch Day will have at least as much impact on the so-called 'planetary emergency' of man-made global warming as the goofy save the earth mandates telling us to turn our lights off for an hour," said Elliott.

Cities around the world went dark for an hour on March 31 to mark "Earth Hour," an event created by the World Wide Fund for Nature to inspire people to find ways to use less energy.

Grassfire.org is the latest group to question whether global warming is a real phenomenon, or whether it's as severe as portrayed in Gore's film. London's Daily Telegraph this week called environmentalism "the new secular faith."

The paper said the United Kingdom's carbon credits program for industry is "just like the medieval trade in indulgences, where remission for sins was granted by the Church once the sinner confessed and received absolution."

Noted physicist Frederick Seitz, a former president of the National Academy of Sciences, has also questioned the accuracy of global warming theories, as have a number of other academics.

Despite such skepticism, many U.S. companies -- including IT vendors like Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft -- are developing new lines of energy-saving products billed as Earth friendly. IBM (NYSE: IBM), for instance, recently launched Project Big Green, a $1 billion investment to increase the energy efficiency of the company's offerings.

For buyers of such systems, whether or not global warming is real is beside the point. Skyrocketing fuel costs are forcing businesses to cut down on energy consumption in as many ways as possible. As a result, it's unlikely many will decide to "belch" away hard-earned dollars on June 12.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed May 28, 2008 3:08 pm

global warming?

the freaking low last night here in the great lakes state was 31.

it's almost june for god's sake.
Back to top Go down
Cathy Rigby
Off Topic A Lot!
Off Topic A Lot!
Cathy Rigby

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:17 am

Back to top Go down

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:02 am

I never really understood why you guys are always going after Al. He is VERY FUCKING RICH and fellas, rich people live in BIG houses.
But if it makes you feel better, keep it coming.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 am

Angry Liberal wrote:
I never really understood why you guys are always going after Al. He is VERY FUCKING RICH and fellas, rich people live in BIG houses.
But if it makes you feel better, keep it coming.

This apparent ignorance of saving energy and/or using way more than he needs does make him seem like something other than what he professes to be, but being the kind of hypocrite that likes to tell others what to do, while doing something very different puts him right in line with the labels he wears so proudly.

At least he is consistent...in the same sort of way fresh dog crap always smells when you step in it.
Back to top Go down

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:58 am

Agent 13 wrote:

but being the kind of hypocrite that likes to tell others what to do

It's real easy to find hypocrisy on either side.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 am

Angry Liberal wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:

but being the kind of hypocrite that likes to tell others what to do

It's real easy to find hypocrisy on either side.

I can't argue with you there, but with regard to social issues, or issues like energy savings, I have several friends who label themselves as liberals who champion causes while living a lifestyle that is inconsistent with their "cause"...much like Al seems to be doing. I also have friends who take great pride in wasting energy because it is some badge of honor they can wear as proof the other side is wrong. I don't get that either, but at least it is consistent with their stated political slant.
Back to top Go down

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 am

So what is your point? Liberals are bigger hypocrites? I have a friend who's father lived to be 100 and he smoked two packs a day. So smoking isn't bad for you.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:11 am

Angry Liberal wrote:
So what is your point? Liberals are bigger hypocrites?

Not necessarily, but Al is, and so's Barbara Streisand.

But Al's a lot more inherently funny.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:49 am

Talk about hypocritical!

Although I don't like standing near the fan when you are all flinging the political shit, can't we all agree that comparing a year of Gore's consumption to a month of consumption for 232 homes is truly a horseshit way to judge them comparably. If my math skills are still working that makes Gore's consumption 19.33333 times worse than the average home per year and for all I know his house is 50X larger than the home used in the example.

Not taking sides, I'm just saying fair is fair.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:05 am

Angry Liberal wrote:
So what is your point? Liberals are bigger hypocrites?

Disclaimer - When I use the term liberal or conservative, I am not talking about open minded people who assess things as they come, but may often or even usually lean one way or the other. Those people are moderates in my view, and represent the majority of Americans...thank god (or whatever force or absence of god or black hole you thank in such situations) for that! I view these terms as a way to describe people who allow every aspect of their life to be guided or shaped by their political views. The kind of people who would eat chocolate ice cream if it was deemed consistent with their politics, even if they really liked vanilla.

To answer your question...as extremists go, yes.

Poor liberals seem like hypocrites because they are liberal mainly because they want what they don't have. That is not really what liberal philosophy is all about is it? A way to get stuff without earning or working for it? The fact many liberal politicians play into this gimme your stuff attitude to gain power is one of the most sickening aspects of politics.

Rich liberals are often like Al Gore, telling others what to do but doing things differently themselves. The kind who want social programs and facilities built to help the downtrodden, as long as they are no where near their home.

Middle class liberals...well...I'm not sure I understand what they are thinking. Middle class people always take it up the ass from both sides, so I don't get any middle class person who has radical views that put them too far to either side.

Now I have as many issues with the way conservatives (see my disclaimer) think, I just don't see them being such hypocrites...except for the religious right ones. They have the market cornered on hypocrisy!
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:18 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Talk about hypocritical!

Although I don't like standing near the fan when you are all flinging the political shit, can't we all agree that comparing a year of Gore's consumption to a month of consumption for 232 homes is truly a horseshit way to judge them comparably. If my math skills are still working that makes Gore's consumption 19.33333 times worse than the average home per year and for all I know his house is 50X larger than the home used in the example.

Not taking sides, I'm just saying fair is fair.

I am sure you are right, you can tell any story you want with statistics, however, as I saw it, it was only after some clearly biased and agenda driven group questioned his not walking the walk, and just talking the talk that he made a very public display of the "greening" of his home.

So, while the stats may be twisted, played to paint a particular picture, the facts speak for themselves. He was out pushing an agenda he wasn't living until someone pointed out that "inconvenient truth".

I happen to think his message is a good one, but confess that it bothered me when this whole thing came up. I know Al has denied the fact his house wasn't all green, but stories on its transformation into the model green home show that the work began in earnest pretty late in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Al......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Al.........   Hey Al......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Al.........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Social Issues, Disease, Distortions-
Jump to: