Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

A Capital Requiem

Go down 
+2
Agent 13
i95
6 posters
AuthorMessage

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:25 am

So the Caps collapsed. Completely and in spectacular fashion. It was horrible. And I even went face down in the swamp for them.

<sigh>
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:55 am

A Capital Requiem Capitals%2BHockey
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:06 am

Pool Boy wrote:
So the Caps collapsed. Completely and in spectacular fashion. It was horrible. And I even went face down in the swamp for them.

<sigh>

The Caps knocked off the Rangers so no pity from me. As far as dealing with hockey losses go, Ranger fans are darn good at it.

When the Caps were on they looked unbelievably good. They have a really potent offense and if that young goalie is really as good as he showed in the playoffs, they will be a force next year.

Ovechkin has great skills...really great skills, but he needs to knock off all the silly crap. It just gives people a reason to talk about him as being less than he is. Not sure what you saw in DC area, but here the highlights showed more of the silly stuff than the great plays he makes...over and over. He is a treat to watch!

Lastly...you need to post more. You have way to many "stars". Need to prove your mettle and get rid of a few.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:39 am

Agent 13 wrote:
...you need to post more.

Yeah. And, Pool Boy, you also need an avatar. drunken
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyThu May 14, 2009 5:27 pm

where are those mud photos?
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyThu May 14, 2009 5:29 pm

oh, and you made it to game 7 of the 2nd round. Plenty of fans wish their team had made it that far.

on the other hand, there is still nothing better in all of sports then an NHL game 7.
Back to top Go down

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:36 am

The Caps made it further than last year. The Caps made it deep in to round 2 and for 6 of those games made hockey the joy it is to watch. But man it is a bitter pill to swallow to see them lose to the Penguins....again. If GM McPhee doesn't do something about getting some really decent D in there before the next season starts, I'll be baffled. He has precious little room with which to pay for said D though due to salary cap restrictions.

Ah well.

I hope Chicago beats Detroit (sorry clothier!) and I hope that Carolina beats Pittsburgh. That would make the finals at least something new and interesting to watch. And the Penguins wouldn't be in it too.
Back to top Go down
Angus McRib
Unable to Focus
Unable to Focus
Angus McRib

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2009-03-04

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:01 pm

I don't like hockey.
Back to top Go down
http://roguefood.com/
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:16 am

i95 wrote:
Yeah. And, Pool Boy, you also need an avatar. drunken

Yeah, what's with the Gene Simmons photo?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:47 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:

I just loved her in "The Actress" with Spencer Tracy!
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:29 am

well, i'll say this about the 'Hawks: those are great sweaters.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:36 am

i95 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:

I thought the actress that Spencer Tracy was in was Katherine Hepburn?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:47 am

Angus McRib wrote:
I don't like hockey.

Go puck yourself!
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:09 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
i95 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:

I thought the actress that Spencer Tracy was in was Katherine Hepburn?

afro afro afro afro

So, I guess this isn't the best time for me to remind you all that I am a Penguins fan. Our blue "alternate" unis are pretty cool, too. I have one of those coming in the mail - should be here in time for wearing to the sports bar for the games this week!

BTW...sad to me that tonight's game 1 bumps up against the season finale of '24'. I just can't hulu the season finale....seems wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Capital Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Capital Requiem   A Capital Requiem Empty

Back to top Go down

A Capital Requiem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Pool Boy's Wine or Whine or Other beverage type things section-
Jump to: