Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

The Shield

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 am

Okay, so we reached consensus on Entourage...any of you watch the Shield? Last episode in the series was last night. The last few have been some of the best. Pretty good way to close it out.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:14 am

I always heard it was a great show, but it was never on my radar. I may watch it now in reruns or on DVD.

Admitting a guilty pleasure - I always did like Michael Chiklis in that goofy show The Commish. Hopefully, if they do a show starring me as a lead cop one day, they would call it The Knish. Probably not very likely.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:19 am

Independent George wrote:
I always heard it was a great show, but it was never on my radar. I may watch it now in reruns or on DVD.

Admitting a guilty pleasure - I always did like Michael Chiklis in that goofy show The Commish. Hopefully, if they do a show starring me as a lead cop one day, they would call it The Knish. Probably not very likely.

Never have a seen an actor play roles at such extremes of the emotional scale. The character he played in the Shield was amazingly different than the Commish. Vic, his character in the Shield was scary. I like a good cop show, but most stink. I liked Homicide and The Shield...both very well done.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 am

My dad would probably tell you that there hasn't been a good cop show since Barney Miller.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 am

Independent George wrote:
My dad would probably tell you that there hasn't been a good cop show since Barney Miller.

The Shield is just like Barney Miller...except no Abe Vigoda
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:47 am

Agent 13 wrote:
I like a good cop show, but most stink. I liked Homicide and The Shield...both very well done.

Although Homicide was somewhat inconsistent, when it was "on" it was my favorite cop show of all time and was some of the best work that's ever been done on TV.

I have never seen The Shield but since you have mentioned those 2 shows in the same sentence I will have to check it out on DVD.

I generally like Chiklis except for his work as John Belushi in the embarrassing, blood-sucking biopic "Wired". Of course, George would know him best from his Seinfeld appearance in the episode where Jerry gets stranded at a party at Chiklis' character's house on Long Island.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:12 am

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
I like a good cop show, but most stink. I liked Homicide and The Shield...both very well done.

Although Homicide was somewhat inconsistent, when it was "on" it was my favorite cop show of all time and was some of the best work that's ever been done on TV.

I agree with you POW! I am not a huge TV watcher, and can count on one hand the number of TV series that hooked me hard enough that I would make a conscious effort to watch or tape every week. Homicide was one, The Shield was another. I also really liked the Sopranos and Entourage, but not enough to spring for HBO. I am ashamed to admit the fifth one.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:59 am

I almost picked up some Barney Miller on DVD recently. I did get the first 3 seasons of Homocide.

I lost track of the Shield a couple seasons ago and haven't caught back up. First few seasons were very good though.

Also like Rescue Me. Took a while but Dennis Leary finally found the perfect TV fit.

I've been digging Life since it's inception last season. Good non-traditional cop show.

Tried to watch Life on Mars, but can't get around trying to figure out why they can't just do a 70s cop show w/o the time travel sci-fi crappola.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:08 pm

laststandchili wrote:
I almost picked up some Barney Miller on DVD recently. I did get the first 3 seasons of Homocide.

I lost track of the Shield a couple seasons ago and haven't caught back up. First few seasons were very good though.

Also like Rescue Me. Took a while but Dennis Leary finally found the perfect TV fit.

I've been digging Life since it's inception last season. Good non-traditional cop show.

Tried to watch Life on Mars, but can't get around trying to figure out why they can't just do a 70s cop show w/o the time travel sci-fi crappola.

Okay...I guess I would need two hands to count, as I really like Rescue Me...I forgot about that show with the big gap between seasons. When the hell is it coming back again?

Here...

http://www.sidereel.com/The_Shield

Is a link to a site to view Shield episodes. Far from DVD quality, but better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shield   The Shield Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shield
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Social Issues, Disease, Distortions-
Jump to: