Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Entourage!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Sorry for screaming the title of the thread....but, apparently one must have at least 10 characters to qualify as a legit thread title.

Please tell me that some of you others watch this show.

I am convinced that it is the best non-animated sitcom on television right now, and last night's episode may have been the best one yet. Unfortunately, I have a very limited pool of friends with the tech savvy to watch it for free online the day after it airs on pay TV. I figured one of you guys may make enough scratch to actually pay for HBO????
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Independent George wrote:
Sorry for screaming the title of the thread....but, apparently one must have at least 10 characters to qualify as a legit thread title.

Please tell me that some of you others watch this show.

I am convinced that it is the best non-animated sitcom on television right now, and last night's episode may have been the best one yet. Unfortunately, I have a very limited pool of friends with the tech savvy to watch it for free online the day after it airs on pay TV. I figured one of you guys may make enough scratch to actually pay for HBO????

I don't get the HBO, but have watched at a friends house, which prompted further watching on DVD. This means I am probably a season or two behind. It really is a well done show. How is it that the best shows in recent memory are mostly from cable networks?

Hey, I found it online....was the recent episode the one that starts with Turtle getting a call from the Sopranos chick?

Last edited by Agent 13 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 pm

I have been a big Entourage fan from the beginning. The interplay between Turtle and Drama is probably my favorite thing on the show and how can you not love what Piven does with the Ari Gold character. I haven't caught up with last night's episode yet but based on your review I am looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Hey, I found it online....was the recent episode the one that starts with Turtle getting a call from the Sopranos chick?

Yes. If you need the background episode, which is funny in its own right, I think Jamie-Lynn Sigler makes an appearance in Episode 8 from this season, titled "First Class Jerk." If you can find last night's episode, I am sure that you can find the one from a couple of weeks ago. Worth 27 minutes of your time.

As another little inside reference, 'E' is wearing a "Raiders Football" shirt at the beginning of (I think) Ep 8 (If not, it is one episode forward or back). Kevin Connolly went to Pat-Med HS. There is nothing to the rumor that he rolled Hispanics for shits and grins while there, though.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:24 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
I have been a big Entourage fan from the beginning. The interplay between Turtle and Drama is probably my favorite thing on the show and how can you not love what Piven does with the Ari Gold character. I haven't caught up with last night's episode yet but based on your review I am looking forward to it.

I left a voice mail on one friend's phone tonight. All it said was this....

BEST.
Episode.
Ever.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:26 pm

This is where I found it...

http://watch-entourage.com/
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:32 pm

Favorite line from 2 weeks ago (from memory so this may not be exact):

Lloyd : You're hiding something from me, Ari. What is it?

Ari : Just my cock and my asshole, Lloyd.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 pm

I am not doubting you, but why was this episode the best ever?

...and was that the first time we got Turtle's real name?
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:51 pm

I want to make sure POW has seen it - and then I will give you my take.

But, yes, it was the first time that we learned Turtle's real name.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:53 pm

I left a voice mail on one friend's phone tonight.

STOP THE FREAKIN' BUS!

You have more than one friend?
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Sorry, I guess that line should have read "I left a voice mail on MY one friend's phone tonight."

Syntax error.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 am

Sorry, I guess that line should have read "I left a voice mail on MY one friend's phone tonight."

Syntax error.

As you know, syntax is my thing, so let me have a go at it...

"I left a voice mail on some random strangers phone tonight"

How's that?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:22 am

I want to make sure POW has seen it - and then I will give you my take.

I'm up to speed.........................give us your take.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 am

First off - any Turtle-centric episode is surely going to rank as one of my favorites. I think Turtle appeals to the every man - the guy who doesn't do any real work, but at the end of the day, he's the hardest working guy of all his friends. For Turtle to hook the big fish - and Jamie-Lynn Sigler is quite a freakin' fish - was a great subplot. I think you got to see the softer side of Turtle.....errrrr.....Sal - on the heels of him being a "total guy." Shit....I am here to tell all of you - promise or no promise - if I'm banging Jamie-Lynn Sigler, I am going to tell you.....in a crowded room, in a very loud voice! Hell, I'll take an ad out in the paper. Not Turtle - he kept his word. I do tire of the weekly gratuitous pot smoking scenes - but, for some reason, it seemed appropriate that Turtle and Jamie-Lynn stopped to take a toke out by the beach.

And....this was the sub-plot. Ari arriving on the set of "Smokejumpers" in Jerry Bruckheimer's helicopter - classic. The crazy Kraut director (did they get enough culturally insensitive jokes?); Lloyd catching a homo joke from the new guy; the great fight scene with Dana, E, Ari, and the director. I loved it all...it was non-stop for 25 straight minutes. The episode solidified my love of the Dana character. Oh...and can anyone do a better job of calling someone a "jerk off" than Eric?

I liked the set-up for the finale next week. Is Jamie-Lynn pissed that Turtle left, or does she respect him for being true to his buddy? Does Vince stay behind in NY (become a soap actor?) while E and Turtle head back to LA? Do they show the guys doing the "Ultimate Trip Home Trifecta"??? That would of course be to find a bagel, a slice and some Chinese food!!!

Can't wait for next week.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 1:58 pm

I don't usually do the "best episode ever" thing but your review was on the money and this was definitely a great episode. I also agree that it was a perfect setup for next week's season finale epiosde. Plus, having lived 26 years in Flushing, NY I am looking forward to the boys spending some time back in their (and my) old Queens stomping grounds.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:02 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
I don't usually do the "best episode ever" thing but your review was on the money and this was definitely a great episode. I also agree that it was a perfect setup for next week's season finale epiosde. Plus, having lived 26 years in Flushing, NY I am looking forward to the boys spending some time back in their (and my) old Queens stomping grounds.

You should come back for a visit. I could even round up an entourage for you if you need that sort of thing.

Between last night and this morning I watched all of season 5 instead of doing the work I should have been doing,.

I'm all caught up.

My favorite thing on the show are Ari's rants. The one where he went to Babs award ceremony in the Seth Green Day episode is one of his best!
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
The one where he went to Babs award ceremony

Do you remember when Beverly D'Angelo was hot?

Entourage!!!!!! 219488
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:13 am

So was this "Return to Queens" the last episode of season?

Will there be a next season?
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:50 am

Last night's episode was the season finale. From what I hear, the show is renewed for next season (and maybe even for another beyond that), but I do not have a link handy to confirm with anything other than my own memory.

Oh...and I have not seen last night's episode yet....so shhhhhhh! I was watching the incredibly weak 24 "movie."
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:55 am

I'm also a day behind on the Entourage season finale so maybe we can discuss tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:55 am

Oh...and I have not seen last night's episode yet....so shhhhhhh!

Come on dude...I'm not that dick.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:56 am

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
I'm also a day behind on the Entourage season finale so maybe we can discuss tomorrow morning.

Oh wait you didn't see it...now I must play spoiler.

reagan

Nah....I'll be good.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:09 am

Agent 13 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:

Oh wait you didn't see it...now I must play spoiler.

reagan

Nah....I'll be good.

Dude, I appreciate your restraint.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:47 am

It's really hard to see that picture and think of "restraint" at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 12:48 pm

It's really hard to see that picture and think of "restraint" at the same time.

What are you a communist? Everyone loves ol' Ronnie! Don't push me man or I'll spill the whole story!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Entourage!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entourage!!!!!!   Entourage!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Entourage!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next