Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Funniest Story of the Year

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Funniest Story of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:08 pm

pardon my asking, but why is this funny?
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Well I personally find Cindy Sheehan hysterical, and throw in San Fran Nan and I can't help but chuckle out loud.

Then there's the whole twisted concept that Pelosi isn't far left wing enough, and someone even farther out in left field needs to take her on is pretty funny in a perverse kind of way.

Maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:21 pm

I'd have used ironic rather than funny.

Wasn't Pelosi supposed to make all the sweeping changes that would correct the misdeeds of our current president...but instead has pretty much done...uh...lets see what word I am looking for...NOTHING?

I'm not necessarily blaming her for the lack of change, but it makes me chuckle at those who actually thought there would be any such changes.

Yeah...ironic...okay...and funny too.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
I'd have used ironic rather than funny...Yeah...ironic...

Funniest Story of the Year Alanis+Morissette+Performs+NBC+Today+Show+x8NqOT0Vm3zl

"Dude, do the words 'trademark infringement'
mean anything to you? God, I'm hungry. I could
eat 12 of those McDonalds new chicken buscuit
sandwiches. Oh, wait. I just did."
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Agent 13 wrote:

Yeah...ironic...okay...and funny too.

Nothing smacks me in the giggle box harder than irony.

Like Edwards and the Madame Tousseau's factory second. Muy ironic. The cheating doesn't surprise me, but I'm surprised that it was with a woman. That's ironic. I mean come on, $400 haircuts? The man is at least bi-curious.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 3:19 pm

stop the freaking bus

are you freaking kidding me?

that's alanis morrissette?

what the hell.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 3:23 pm

next thing I know, you're going to tell me the woman on the left in this photo is Meg Ryan. Funniest Story of the Year 001
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 3:34 pm

laststandchili wrote:
The cheating doesn't surprise me, but I'm surprised that it was with a woman. That's ironic. I mean come on, $400 haircuts? The man is at least bi-curious.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 3:39 pm

clothier wrote:
next thing I know, you're going to tell me the woman on the left in this photo is Meg Ryan.

Yup. Worse yet, this is
Molly Ringwald today:

Funniest Story of the Year CreepyWoman

scare
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:08 pm

i95 wrote:
clothier wrote:
next thing I know, you're going to tell me the woman on the left in this photo is Meg Ryan.

Yup. Worse yet, this is
Molly Ringwald today:

Funniest Story of the Year CreepyWoman

scare

Okay this one seems real. Molly always was a cutie.

Meg Ryan should have been picked to play the joker...minimal makeup needed.

As for Alanis, look at the tension that one vest button is under. That baby must be on there with some Kevlar thread. If she blows its gonna be like a 22 going off. LOOK OUT. That would be so...ironic.

Holy Crap...I found this shot of Meg Ryan from behind. Too fucking bad man, she used to be almost cute...
Funniest Story of the Year Justwronghv4
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Pardon the buzzkill, but I'm a little late to the party. While I understand that Cindy Sheehan is an easy target of derision for right-wingers just as the religious right nuts provide the same source of amusement for lefties, let's get one thing straight. Like her or not, this is not some ivory towered rich bitch like Barbra Streisand stating her kookie left wing beliefs. If you can except the fact that everything this woman does can be defined by the words: "whose oldest son was killed in Iraq", I think it brings some clarity to her right to express her opinion on the conflict. She has earned this right so much more than you or I, more than loudmouth pundits Rush Limbaugh and Keith Olbermann, and definitely more than most of the folks occupying the White House.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:20 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Pardon the buzzkill, but I'm a little late to the party. While I understand that Cindy Sheehan is an easy target of derision for right-wingers just as the religious right nuts provide the same source of amusement for lefties, let's get one thing straight. Like her or not, this is not some ivory towered rich bitch like Barbra Streisand stating her kookie left wing beliefs. If you can except the fact that everything this woman does can be defined by the words: "whose oldest son was killed in Iraq", I think it brings some clarity to her right to express her opinion on the conflict. She has earned this right so much more than you or I, more than loudmouth pundits Rush Limbaugh and Keith Olbermann, and definitely more than most of the folks occupying the White House.

No worry...The buzzkill preceded you...with that picture of Alanis Morisette.

I see what you are saying, and my comment was not about her right to run...the irony to me in this situation is in the fact that she feels compelled to run because the saviors that were voted into office in 2006 have proven to be still more purveyors of hollow promises and useless meat filling bad suits. Wow, what a surprise. I recall that speech preaching change when the Democrats took over and knew they would be disappointing many. didn't think it would happen so fast.

Here in NY we have a woman who ran for Congress primarily on the subject of gun control. Her husband was killed and son badly injured when some wacko shot up a commuter train, I may not agree with her positions (actually I do , but don't tell LSC), but have always respected from whence they came.

As for the rights of those so deeply and directly affected by tragedy to hold public office, I think they lack the clarity to make important decisions on difficult subjects...so while they have the right, they usually make shitty leaders. Hell, when I got mugged I would have voted for the death penalty for muggers if I had the power to do so. Not a wise choice, but my emotions put me an a position where clarity of thought wasn't high on the list of motivators.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 pm

I hear you, and agree, re: her running for office. My rant concerns the thought that her situation, or her chosen reaction to it, is in any way "funny".
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 7:28 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
I hear you, and agree, re: her running for office. My rant concerns the thought that her situation, or her chosen reaction to it, is in any way "funny".

We may just have to disagree.

Personally I think that she does a diservice to the memory of her son, who enlisted after 9/11, reenlisted knowing that he'd most likely be sent to Iraq, and lost his life going to the aid of soldiers who had been ambushed nearby. Incredibly gallant given the fact that as a mechanic it was no where near his job description. Her ongoing characterization of that effort as being a mistake, or based on lies, is repugnant to the men and women who are making those types of sacrifices every day.

She's stood with the Code Pink douchebags with the "maimed for a lie" signs outside Walter Reed.

I'm sympathetic to her for her loss, but I think her politicization of that loss and the expectation of standing above reproach, or criticism, by virtue of being a grieving mother is a load. The media glow that she basks in cheapens and shadows the bravery and courage that bestowed it upon her.

But I still love you POW. (Not like CCM, the other, manly, non-erotic kind of love with absolutely no kissing or hot tubs or anything)
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 pm

laststandchili wrote:

But I still love you POW. (Not like CCM, the other, manly, non-erotic kind of love with absolutely no kissing or hot tubs or anything)

Or sausage, red sauce.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:02 pm

I hear (and really understand) your point re: your repugnance of her politicizing the death of her son. But if one the things her son died fighting for is freedom then I still think that she honors him and all of those fighting by expressing hers as loudly as she wants. It's also what makes it cool for you to think she's a mis-guided, dried-up Commie cunt.

By the way, I still love you, too (not like 1-95 and clothier but in a manly, non-erotic kind of love).

Now back to our regularly scheduled posting of photos of hot Olympians (hoprefully females).
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:12 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
I still love you, too (not like 1-95 and clothier but in a manly, non-erotic kind of love).

Funniest Story of the Year Carson-317x391

"Oh, no, you didn't!"
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:01 am

pastrami-on-wry wrote:

By the way, I still love you, too (not like 1-95 and clothier but in a manly, non-erotic kind of love).

Just so I'm clear...you mean the kind of love that doesn't take place here...right?

Funniest Story of the Year Dickblissparksj0

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 am

First of all, I thought the old broad in the bikini was Cindy McCain doing her husbands bidding out in Sturgiss. Secondly, Cindy Sheehan is shrill, but her claims are valid and she has every right to voice them. If the the folks on the right wish to vilify and beat her up is just the way they play the game.
And you know what's funny- the fact that more time has been spent on a guy's affair that is not in government and not running for anything then they did on a long time senator, who has been indicted on corruption charges. Liberal media my ass!
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 am

as Mr Lincoln said:

government of the people, by the people, for the people.

pity he's dead.

and, well, dead is dead.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:50 am

Angry Liberal wrote:
a long time senator, who has been indicted on corruption charges.

William Jefferson?

The Edwards story is pretty simple. It's about sex. Thats always going to get more air time than some silly business related or bribery case. Those stories are complex, and require some attention span to sort them out. Impregnated "videographers," wide stances, buggered pages, that stuff sells.

Cindy can spout whatever she likes. I have absolutely no problem with that.

Nice to see you AL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funniest Story of the Year   Funniest Story of the Year Empty

Back to top Go down

Funniest Story of the Year
Page 1 of 1