Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

'Dark Knight'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

'Dark Knight' Empty
PostSubject: 'Dark Knight'   'Dark Knight' EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:25 pm

I know that i95 is our regular movie reviewer, but I just thought I would chime in on this one.

I really enjoyed the first two hours or so. I thought it dragged a bit at the end. I suspect that they ended up leaving in a lot of Heath Ledger footage that might have otherwise found its way onto a deleted scenes reel on the DVD release. Ledger was clearly the star of the show - and I think that could be confirmed by anyone who saw the previous Christian Bale-led Batman Begins. I won't go so far as to say that Bale is horrible - but he does this annoying voice transformation when he is in the bat costume that just drives me up a wall.

Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine were both underutilized in supporting roles, but I thought Aaron Eckhart was good as Harvey Dent/Two Face. Maggie Gyllenhall, whom I usually like, was pretty plain vanilla in this movie.

Still, this movie was all about Ledger, and he delivered - big time. I think that there is a lot of hype out there about him getting an Oscar nomination and stuff like that is almost always an instant turn-off for me, but I think the reports of his performance may have actually been UNDERrated.

In place of the soon-to-be-departing Roeper, I gave this film a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down

'Dark Knight'
Page 1 of 1