Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? Empty
PostSubject: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Just caught "The Fighter" last night. What a great flick! (I was going to say that the movie was a knockout but you all know how much I hate puns)

I still unfairly think of Mark Wahlberg as Marky Mark but his subtle work here in the much less flashy male lead is nuanced and wonderful. It is Christian Bale, who in his deserved Oscar-winning role, gets to let it all hang out and a virtuoso piece of work is the result. Melissa Leo and Amy Adams were both nominated for Oscars and were both so good that I would have been okay with either taking home the little gold guy.

If you haven't seen this yet...........................check it out.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Just caught "The Fighter" last night. What a great flick! (I was going to say that the movie was a knockout but you all know how much I hate puns)

I still unfairly think of Mark Wahlberg as Marky Mark but his subtle work here in the much less flashy male lead is nuanced and wonderful. It is Christian Bale, who in his deserved Oscar-winning role, gets to let it all hang out and a virtuoso piece of work is the result. Melissa Leo and Amy Adams were both nominated for Oscars and were both so good that I would have been okay with either taking home the little gold guy.

If you haven't seen this yet...........................check it out.

You know The Town also takes place in Massachusetts. A nice movie trifecta is The Departed, The Town, The Fighter. You'll come out talking like a native.

This song, which preceded the movie by many years, is basically a 2 1/2 minute long version of the movie, for those who are short on time...

Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Speaking of Boston's own Dropkick Murphys, I always love it at Fenway when they blare this (I'm talking at level "11") when reliever Jonathan Papelbon takes the mound.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 pm

i95 wrote:
Speaking of Boston's own Dropkick Murphys, I always love it at Fenway when they blare this (I'm talking at level "11") when reliever Jonathan Papelbon takes the mound.

That song also figures prominently in the movie The Departed, which takes place in Boston, like the movie The Town.

Has anyone seen The Town yet?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Agent 13 wrote:

I bet Petula Clark has.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 pm

i95 wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:

I bet Petula Clark has.

Hey...know who makes the Clark Bar? NECCO...New England Confectionery Company...located in Boston, where the movie The Town was filmed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:18 pm

I just noticed how you are starting to sound more like me everyday.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:18 pm

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? Adams

On an actually related note (an hereby admitting that I missed this
particular thread the first time around and as I had then not yet seen
"The Fighter), let me just say that I found Amy Adams the hottest I
have ever seen her in that specific movie. Yowza.

Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:50 pm

There must be something about that accent. Blake Lively was skanky hot in "The Town". Have any of you seen it?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
There must be something about that accent. Blake Lively was skanky hot in "The Town". Have any of you seen it?

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? Tumblr_letk028jFp1qz880go1_500

"Skanky hot" is the perfect descriptor. God bless you.

Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 pm

oh, oh, oh!!!

I saw the Town...who wants to talk about it???

And with all due respect to Ms., Adams, Blake Lively ran skanky hot circles around her... https://youtu.be/uWz1JbG1PEQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"? Empty

Back to top Go down

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?
Page 1 of 1