Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bbqboy
Unable to Focus
Unable to Focus
bbqboy

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2009-09-24

R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:26 am

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/art_clokey_gumbys_creator_dies.html
LOS OSOS, Calif. -- Gumby animator Art Clokey, whose bendable creation became a pop culture phenomenon through countless satires, toys and revivals, has died at age 89.

Caretaker Chrisanne Wollett Clokey says Clokey died Friday in Los Osos on California's Central Coast.

Clokey first molded Gumby for a surreal student project at the University of Southern California called "Gumbasia." That led to his making shorts for the "Howdy Doody Show" and several series through the years.

He said he based Gumby's swooping head on the hairdo of his father, who died when Clokey was nine.

Clokey also created the moralizing and often satirized claymation duo "Davey and Goliath."

Eddie Murphy brought a surge in Gumby's popularity in the 1980s with his send-up of the character on "Saturday Night Live" as a cigar-smoking primadonna.
R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey Gumby2jpg-63b1ff4a65034c4d_medium
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:09 pm

pale

Gumby IS a part of me...

Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Never much cared for Davey and Goliath...that Goliath was a bit too self righteous for me. This was an okay episode...

Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:28 pm

ok, I'll say it:

I'm Gumby damn it, I'll rip your heart out
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Never much cared for Davey and Goliath...that Goliath was a bit too self righteous for me.

Yeah. He was no Winky Dink.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:36 pm

i95 wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
Never much cared for Davey and Goliath...that Goliath was a bit too self righteous for me.

Yeah. He was no Winky Dink.

Winky Dink was an douchelord.

He got me in trouble for drawing on the TV with a felt tip marker...craypas and crayons didn't work...I tried. How was I to know I needed to buy some lame ass "drawing kit" first? I was 6 fucking years old and messed up my dad's fancy schmancy black and white RCA. I was in trouble long time.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Winky Dink was an douchelord.

R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey Jules+Winffield+Large

What did you say??
Back to top Go down
bbqboy
Unable to Focus
Unable to Focus
bbqboy

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 pm

yikes
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 am

Agent 13 wrote:
Never much cared for Davey and Goliath...that Goliath was a bit too self righteous for me. This was an okay episode...

Wow. With special guest star, Claymation Michael Hoffman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey   R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Gumby & Pokey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: People-
Jump to: