Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Hey Snowtards....

Go down 
+2
i95
Independent George
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Or is that "snowed in tards?"

Hey Snowtards.... Winter4
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Man, no wonder ol' Johnny plays the blues.

Hey Snowtards.... 12jw2007D
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:39 am

it boggles my mind that ya'll are so un-prepared for a bit of snow. you get a snow storm like that at least once every 2 years or so, and yet, still, totally unprepared.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 am

The best place to be during a snowstorm is down South. I have been in both SC and Atlanta during snowstorms and the panic that besets these areas is quite comical to someone who grew up in NYC. Along with the fact that there is no proper snow removal equipment, the populace just totally freaks out. They attack every grocery store like locusts clearing the shelves as if the apocalypse has come and they will never be able to shop again.

In Atlanta I witnessed 100s of people abandoning their cars on the side of the highways and just walking away. I can't for the life of me figure out where they were going or how they thought that was a good move.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:30 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
In Atlanta I witnessed 100s of people abandoning their cars on the side of the highways and just walking away. I can't for the life of me figure out where they were going or how they thought that was a good move.

DC metro area is no better. A couple inches of snow around here awakens some lemming-like Kamikaze impulse.

Years ago in Louisianna some freezing rain shut down schools and local businesses. Fortunately this did not affect the availability of beer at the PX.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:45 pm

clothier wrote:
it boggles my mind that ya'll are so un-prepared for a bit of snow. you get a snow storm like that at least once every 2 years or so, and yet, still, totally unprepared.

I was thinking of taking my rig down to DC and making some coin..

Hey Snowtards.... P1110562
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:14 pm

that's a fine looking rig you've got there. those gravleys are some serious snowmovers. just one question, though: how come no chains on the tires?
Back to top Go down

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:50 pm

I would have welcomed you with open arms, 13...and paid you with cookies. Remember that for next time.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:52 pm

clothier wrote:
that's a fine looking rig you've got there. those gravleys are some serious snowmovers. just one question, though: how come no chains on the tires?

I have a pretty flat driveway, so I opted for no chains to keep from damaging the pavement. I need some wheel weights and maybe some rubber type chains. The snow here was a foot over the top of the blower in spots, but it kept chugging. I'd say this machine is almost Michigan winter worthy!
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:53 pm

The Goddess wrote:
I would have welcomed you with open arms, 13...and paid you with cookies. Remember that for next time.

I think it tops out at about 11mph in high gear. It would take me a looooooooooooooooooong time to get to DC! Still, for your cookies it might be worth the trip.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
I would have welcomed you with open arms, 13...and paid you with cookies.

Still, for your cookies it might be worth the trip.

Um, Agent 13, not to burst your bubble or anything but when she said "cookies," she truly meant small, round baked goods. (AUDIO)
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

i95 wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
I would have welcomed you with open arms, 13...and paid you with cookies.

Still, for your cookies it might be worth the trip.

Um, Agent 13, not to burst your bubble or anything but when she said "cookies," she truly meant small, round baked goods. (AUDIO)

Um dude...if you'd turn off your Victrola and get on the facebook with all the cool kids you would have seen photos of said cookies...baked goods...and they looked worth the trip!
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Um dude...if you'd turn off your Victrola...

Hey Snowtards.... First-cell-phone-pic

"What? I can't hear you. I'm on my cell phone. That's right, cell phone!"
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
clothier wrote:

I have a pretty flat driveway, so I opted for no chains to keep from damaging the pavement. I need some wheel weights and maybe some rubber type chains. The snow here was a foot over the top of the blower in spots, but it kept chugging. I'd say this machine is almost Michigan winter worthy!

ok then. gotta have the wheel weights.

and i like the placement of the clear out stick.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:18 pm

clothier wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
clothier wrote:

ok then. gotta have the wheel weights.

and i like the placement of the clear out stick.

Nothing slips by you! It is an old axe handle and did a nice job, but need something thinner and sharper next time. We tend to get pretty wet, heavy snow this close to the ocean, so despite using an entire can of Pam, I had clogging issues a few times. Not as bad as the smaller one I used last year!

That blower weighs a ton so when it is lifted off the ground, I get almost no traction at all on back end.

Before you all think I am insane, my house was built behind all the others on my block. Apparently someone with a deep property sold off their back yard years ago, so I have a 500' long driveway that I share with a neighbor...thus the need for such heavy duty equipment.

Hey Snowtards.... P1110564

Stately WOT manor...

Hey Snowtards.... P1110563
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 am

Hey Snowtards.... 500x_snowed_in_bmw

ENOUGH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:50 pm

nice of your wife to dig the van out.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Exactly. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

How much snow did you get?

Are you supposed to get hit again on Wednesday?

The last storm was very odd in this area. The southern end of Staten Island got 6+ inches, the north end none. The storm had a real definitive cut off line!
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Thirty freakin' inches. (Yes, I know, "that's what she said.") And, yes, even more expected tomorrow through this Wednesday. This is Virginia, for Chrisake. Global warming, my ass!!!!! fyou
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:26 pm

i95 wrote:
Thirty freakin' inches. (Yes, I know, "that's what she said.") And, yes, even more expected tomorrow through this Wednesday. This is Virginia, for Chrisake. Global warming, my ass!!!!! fyou

I lived there in the late 80's, and it was either 87 or 88 when there were a few big storms in a short period. Not 30" but big enough to reveal how inept the area is at snow management. I recall being amazed at how many cars were abandoned on the hill on Lee Highway heading up from the Key Bridge. I had a shitty little hatchback, not a jeep, and got through fine leading me to wonder if everyone else had racing slicks on their cars.

We are supposed to get hit with this next storm, but after what you have been through this past week, I have no complaints
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 pm

What are you guys talking about? We have had beautiful weather around here. The Shuttle went up at 4:15 am this morning - a glorious sight, with just enough cloud cover to make the pictures look pretty.

You all should come by for a visit.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Dude, I'm not going anywhere where they casually refer to spaceships flying overhead as "glorious." I've read H.G. Wells. F-that. alien
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Wasn't referring to the ship as glorious....just the cool orange streak in the sky. Could be a stoner's paradise.....for four more missions.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

Hey Snowtards.... Blizzard

Alright, seriously, HELP!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Snowtards.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Snowtards....   Hey Snowtards.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Snowtards....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Images-
Jump to: