Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

The Big "O"

Go down 
+6
pastrami-on-wry
laststandchili
Agent 13
bbqboy
clothier
Angus McRib
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

The Big "O" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:57 am

I'd forgotten how much I liked that song.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:05 am

Premature Barackulation.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:45 am

drum drum drum drum drum
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:33 am

I just saw on Bravo that BO has won Top Chef despite stiff competition from the Voltaggio brothers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm

And Project Runway...he can really make it work, you know.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 am

i95 wrote:
Premature Barackulation.

Oh, yeah, this will work...

Newt Gingrich: An honorable way to accept the Nobel
By: Newt Gingrich
Examiner Columnist

October 16, 2009 Sergeant First Class Jared Monti was leading a reconaissance mission on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan in 2006 when the grenade hit.

Besieged, under fire, and outnumbered by the Taliban, Monti and his men dove for cover. But one of his men got hit. So Monti left his cover once, twice, then three times to try to retrieve him.

On the third try, Monti was hit by a grenade and died on the field.

For his service, Monti was awarded the Medal of Honor. And, as he presented Monti's parents the award, President Obama captured full and well the meaning of his life and death.

"Do we truly understand the nature of these virtues, to serve and to sacrifice?" the President said. "Jared Monti knew. The Monti family knows. And they know that the actions we honor today were not a passing moment of courage. They were the culmination of a life of character and commitment."

The President was right. Monti and his family have a unique and humbling understanding of service and sacrifice. They and the families of other fallen solders don't pay lip service to these virtues. They live them every day.

Obama has an historic opportunity. He should send the mother of a fallen soldier to Oslo to accept the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of all the American service men and women who are the true peacekeepers.

This isn't my idea. On Fox News last weekend, rising conservative star Liz Cheney proposed that the mother of a fallen soldier accept the award. Doing so would, in her words, "remind the Nobel committee that each one of them sleeps soundly at night because ... the U.S. military is the greatest peacekeeping force in the world today."

Liberal author and New York Times columnist Tom Friedman had a variation on the same good theme. He suggested that Obama go to Oslo, but that he accept the prize "on behalf of the most important peacekeepers in the world for the last century -- the men and women of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps."

By nominating Obama for the Nobel Peace Prize just two weeks into his presidency, the Nobel Committee cynically hopes to make the President a pawn in their anti-American game. They prefer an America whose defining feature is weakness and whose defining approach to the world is amoral, toothless multilateralism.

Obama should resist this vision of America by sending its opposite to Oslo: Someone who hasn't just mouthed the easy, empty words of global peace but someone who has genuinely sacrificed on its behalf.

He should send someone who's very existence challenges the petty men and women of the Nobel Committee to admit that they are idealists on the cheap; righteous free riders on the men and women who do the real work of peace.

Admittedly, such a move would not be in keeping with some of Obama's recent turns on the international stage. In his speeches to overseas audiences, the President has seemed apologetic for American strength and disdainful of American exceptionalism.

But the President himself has admitted that he doesn't deserve the Nobel award. And by sending someone who does, he would bring more meaning and integrity to an award for "peace" than the Nobel Committee has shown.

For the question he asked as he honored Monti could well be asked of the members of the Nobel committee: Do they truly understand the nature of these virtues, of service and sacrifice?

SFC Jared Monti understood that day in Afghanistan. His family understands today. The price they have paid for this understanding should awe and humble us. It may even awe and humble the enlightened men and women of Oslo.

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich has published 19 books, including 10 fiction and nonfiction best-sellers. He is the founder of the Center for Health Transformation and chairman of American Solutions for Winning the Future. For more information, see newt.org. His exclusive column for The Examiner appears Fridays.
Back to top Go down
bbqboy
Unable to Focus
Unable to Focus
bbqboy

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:05 am

liz cheney is a rising star?
Don't they mean Meghan Mccain?
The Big "O" - Page 4 S-MEGHAN-MCCAIN-large
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:06 pm

Meg makes me so glad I didn't vote for her dad.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:58 pm

There is a rumor amongst some WOTers that clothier is going to tie himself to Meghan and float away.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:31 am

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
There is a rumor amongst some WOTers that clothier is going to tie himself to Meghan and float away.

That makes sense. What could possibly go wrong?
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 pm

i95 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:

Dude...the file won't open. I gots to know what it is!!!!

oh...and include any other pictures of hot politician daughters please
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
i95 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:

It was this.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 pm

i95 wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
i95 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:

It was this.

That "oh the humanity" thing runs through my head quite often at inappropriate times.

Does that make me a bad person?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:39 am

Agent 13 wrote:

No. It's your persistent daydreams involving a wood chipper and "all of a sudden being single, again" which make you a bad person.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:52 am

i95 wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:

No. It's your persistent daydreams involving a wood chipper and "all of a sudden being single, again" which make you a bad person.

Okay, the nuns told me I was a bad person when I was 7, I just like to keep up on the most current reasons.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
i95 wrote:
Agent 13 wrote:
i95 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:

It was this.

That "oh the humanity" thing runs through my head quite often at inappropriate times.

That's because you keep watching the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP in Cincinnati.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Independent George wrote:

That's because you keep watching the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP in Cincinnati.

Damn Straight!

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!"
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:25 am

And now the circle is complete - with Debbie posting the link of said clip on the Facebook.
Back to top Go down
bbqboy
Unable to Focus
Unable to Focus
bbqboy

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:29 am

"the facebook"?
I like that.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:38 am

bbqboy wrote:
"the facebook"?
I like that.

I think George may be on the dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Just in time for the Holiday Season.

The Big "O" - Page 4 ATT6141197
Back to top Go down
Baah Baanned
Off Topic A Lot!
Off Topic A Lot!
Baah Baanned

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Anyone want to sign my petition to allow Presidents to serve more than two terms? We can only hope.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Baah Baanned wrote:
Anyone want to sign my petition to allow Presidents to serve more than two terms? We can only hope.

I don't think W wants another term. To much brush to be cleared in West Texas.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:24 am

Comic Nick DiPaolo re: Obama's dustup with Fox News:

"If the guy's skin were any thinner he would need a reservoir tip on the top of his head."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:48 pm

The Big "O" - Page 4 Image001

The Big "O" - Page 4 Johnwayne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big "O"   The Big "O" - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big "O"
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next