Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

The Only Place to Get REAL News....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

The Only Place to Get REAL News.... Empty
PostSubject: The Only Place to Get REAL News....   The Only Place to Get REAL News.... EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Jon Stewart on CNBC's Financial Advice

It's a little long, but incredibly funny.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Only Place to Get REAL News....   The Only Place to Get REAL News.... EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 8:59 am

I posted this earlier and no one else seemed interested, so I'll give it one more shot.

Jim Cramer went on Jon Stewart's show this week - and I just caught the interview this morning. Regrettably, I don't watch Stewart's show frequently - but, when I was in charge of the programming board at college, I hired him (for all of $1,500!) and I've always liked him. That he has become one of the most famous television personalities in this country is even a little surprising to me. Still, this interview should make people realize that Stewart really does provide serious commentary on the news of the world - at least to the same extent that O'Reilly, Hannity, Olbermann, et al do.

Cramer - a notoriously arrogant man - looks like a beaten up punk by the end of this interview.

You can find the whole interview on www.dailyshow.com if you want to see it.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The Only Place to Get REAL News....   The Only Place to Get REAL News.... EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:46 am

I saw the show and loved Stewart's take on the "economic crisis". I agree that mixed in with the silliness is a lot of good thought process.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: The Only Place to Get REAL News....   The Only Place to Get REAL News.... EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 12:38 pm

I saw it too and enjoyed it. Cramer is a dick, but I do give him credit for showing up with what he had to realize was a pretty indefensible position.

While I agree that these guys deserve a good beat down, I can't help but think that all of us knew, somewhere deep inside, that the constant up cycle of markets and investments was unsustainable, unrealistic and was just as much a product of insider play as the down turn we are now dealing with.

I didn't complain when my house doubled in value or retirement accounts gained absurd amounts some years, so I feel a bit of a phony complaining now those same mysterious forces have turned on me, pulled down my pants, and are fucking me in the ass...repeatedly...without any form of lubricant.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Only Place to Get REAL News....   The Only Place to Get REAL News.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Only Place to Get REAL News....
Page 1 of 1