Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

We'll miss old GWB!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

We'll miss old GWB! Empty
PostSubject: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 9:50 am

Even hardcore republicans like Angry Liberal will find this funny...

Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:14 am

I could watch that clip of him trying to open that locked door again and again and again and again....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:35 am

He will be missed. I can't imagine anyone having the comedic timing of ole George.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:42 am

Oh, I think the former senator from the great state of Delaware will be providing lots of cribbed 17th century hijinks for the next few years.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 am

Ya' think? Rolling Eyes (My underlining and from here.)

"I'm the most experienced vice president since anybody"
Share Post PrintJanuary 15, 2009 Posted by Paul at 9:59 AM

Joe Biden has been talking about his favorite topic -- Joe Biden. In particular, he's been attempting to talk his way past the widespread view that he, Joe Biden, marks a return to the days of the irrelevant vice president. Talkin' Joe himself has contributed to that perception by insisting that he will not be like Dick Cheney.

A more astute vice president-elect would have little trouble distinguishing himself from Cheney without casting doubt on his own relevance. The problem with Cheney, from a liberal perspective, should not be that he was the foremost of Bush advisors. Cheney was, after all, the only advisor who faced the national electorate. Rather the problem should be that Cheney's advice (again from a liberal perspective) was bad.

But selecting intelligently among portions of the liberal narrative has never been Biden's strong suit. In any event, Biden surely recognizes that Obama will not allow him to become the foremost presidential advisor. Hence, attacking Cheney's role becomes a convenient excuse for the fact that Biden will be on the sidelines.

To compensate, Biden touts his experience. He claims he will bring more to the job than any of his predecessors, except possibly Lyndon Johnson. Insisting that "I know as much or more than Cheney," Biden concludes, "I'm the most experienced vice president since anybody."

He's also the first vice president "since anybody" pathetic enough to feel compelled to defend himself in this fashion, much less to claim that he knows as much or more as his predecessor. Moreover, Biden's experience -- decades in the Senate -- plainly does not compare to that of Cheney, who had been White House chief of staff, Secretary of Defense, head of a major corportation, and influential member of the House.

Joe Biden has found his role in the Obama administration. It will be the self-referential one of defending his importance. Biden is the best suited vice president to play this role since anybody.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:30 am

you inside the beltway folks! LOL.

No one cares but you guys.

Besdies, Pres Obama is just going to turn us into a Muslim country in the next year anyway, so enjoy that "freedom of the Press" while it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:05 am

clothier wrote:
you inside the beltway folks! LOL.

No one cares but you guys.

Besdies, Pres Obama is just going to turn us into a Muslim country in the next year anyway, so enjoy that "freedom of the Press" while it lasts.

No shit? I better stock up on pork products. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:07 am

laststandchili wrote:
Oh, I think the former senator from the great state of Delaware will be providing lots of cribbed 17th century hijinks for the next few years.

They had a news clip from somewhere last week where Biden said something stupid and Obama looked like he wanted to kill him. It was a look that said, I can't believe I had to pick this fucktard in order to get that Democratic Committee money.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 am

I got a buck that says over the next four/eight years, we won't be able to make a "highlight reel" of quite the same impact as ol' 43's from above. I don't care if Biden is relevant or irrelevant, but I know that the "leader of the free world" doesn't sound like a bumbling fool. And, politics aside, for that I'm grateful.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 am

It is comforting to have a glib, well spoken huckster in charge again.

I'm sure the world will love and respect us again in no time. Hopefully we'll be popular again in time for prom.

13, the event you mentioned featured Biden cracking wise about Justice Roberts and the swearing in mess. BO did indeed look like he was about to stooge slap uncle Joe.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 pm

laststandchili wrote:
It is comforting to have a glib, well spoken huckster in charge again.

I'm sure the world will love and respect us again in no time. Hopefully we'll be popular again in time for prom.

13, the event you mentioned featured Biden cracking wise about Justice Roberts and the swearing in mess. BO did indeed look like he was about to stooge slap uncle Joe.

Yeah that was the one!

He just had that look I saw on my Dad's face so many times reminding me what a disappointment...and dickhead...I was growing up.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Independent George wrote:
I got a buck that says over the next four/eight years, we won't be able to make a "highlight reel" of quite the same impact as ol' 43's from above. I don't care if Biden is relevant or irrelevant, but I know that the "leader of the free world" doesn't sound like a bumbling fool. And, politics aside, for that I'm grateful.

You are right, but it is good we have some one up there who will provide some comic relief now and again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We'll miss old GWB!   We'll miss old GWB! Empty

Back to top Go down

We'll miss old GWB!
Page 1 of 1