Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Happiness is....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 pm

....inadvertently pissing off one of your most favorite co-workers.

I am having dinner with a very good friend tonight, whom I have not seen since the holiday season. We are getting together, and she has ordered G&M crab cakes for home consumption. In realizing that Santa forgot to drop something off at my place for her, I scrambled. It turns out that Lewis Black is playing locally next week and tickets were still available through Ticketmaster. My co-worker is a huge fan (as am I) and purchased tickets the day that they went on sale - best available. I picked my tickets through Ticketmaster, and they wanted to hit me with a "convenience fee" of nearly $10/ticket, plus $2.50 per for printing them at home. In this Jew's eagerness to avoid paying anything called a "convenience fee" (how convenient that they want to charge me for the privilege of purchasing their product), I called the box office - and secured better tickets than those available online.

I, joyfully, showed my prize tickets (9th row, dead center - a week before the performance) to my co-worker - and told her of my savings by purchasing over the phone. I told her that we may not have tickets as good as her first-day purchase, but was pleased, nonetheless, with 9th row, dead center, at, essentially, the last minute.

She couldn't remember where her seats were, so she checked email. Turns out that her seats were in the balcony (mine are orchestra) - and with the Ticketmaster convenience charge, she paid about $5 more total for her tickets than I did. I felt bad. I really, really did. I told her to call the box office and see if they would offer her a chance to "upgrade" her purchase. I figured this was an easy thing to do - they offer it all the time at baseball games. She gets the runaround from the venue - and they put her in contact with Ticketmaster, who basically tells her to go fly a kite. She is now raving mad - not at me - at Ticketmaster. I still feel a little bad - but, am having a hard time not laughing.

I suck.

stick
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:11 pm

Independent George wrote:
she has ordered G&M crab cakes for home consumption

I'm looking forward to the thread about your dinner at this friend's home, which I hope will be accompanied by lots of out of focus photos of those G&M crab cakes.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Ahhh....you know me too well.

As we all know, dining at home is the ultimate Roadfood.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:23 pm

are any of these "friends" female?
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Ahhh....you know me too well.

As we all know, dining at home is the ultimate Roadfood.

Don't forget to pick up some fries at Burger King on the way over. They go well with crab cakes...and photograph well.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:39 pm

....inadvertently pissing off one of your most favorite co-workers.

I am having dinner with a very good friend tonight, whom I have not seen since the holiday season. We are getting together, and she has ordered G&M crab cakes for home consumption. In realizing that Santa forgot to drop something off at my place for her, I scrambled. It turns out that Lewis Black is playing locally next week and tickets were still available through Ticketmaster. My co-worker is a huge fan (as am I) and purchased tickets the day that they went on sale - best available. I picked my tickets through Ticketmaster, and they wanted to hit me with a "convenience fee" of nearly $10/ticket, plus $2.50 per for printing them at home. In this Jew's eagerness to avoid paying anything called a "convenience fee" (how convenient that they want to charge me for the privilege of purchasing their product), I called the box office - and secured better tickets than those available online.

I, joyfully, showed my prize tickets (9th row, dead center - a week before the performance) to my co-worker - and told her of my savings by purchasing over the phone. I told her that we may not have tickets as good as her first-day purchase, but was pleased, nonetheless, with 9th row, dead center, at, essentially, the last minute.

She couldn't remember where her seats were, so she checked email. Turns out that her seats were in the balcony (mine are orchestra) - and with the Ticketmaster convenience charge, she paid about $5 more total for her tickets than I did. I felt bad. I really, really did. I told her to call the box office and see if they would offer her a chance to "upgrade" her purchase. I figured this was an easy thing to do - they offer it all the time at baseball games. She gets the runaround from the venue - and they put her in contact with Ticketmaster, who basically tells her to go fly a kite. She is now raving mad - not at me - at Ticketmaster. I still feel a little bad - but, am having a hard time not laughing.

I suck.

stick

Sweet potato Jesus! Is this the Tom Hanks / Meg Ryan treatment they rejected before deciding on "Sleepless in Seattle" or what? Romeo, spoiler alert: Take her to the concert. Have her scalp her crappy seats. Both of you go to your better seats. Go back to her place. Boink. Then sneak into her kitchen about 3:00 am for one of those freakin' crab cakes.

Honestly, how Hollywood keeps ignoring my scripts, I'll never know. scratch
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Sorry, dude. Friend and co-worker are two different people. Co-worker is married....not sure how her husband is going to feel about sitting with my friend in the balcony or me boinking his wife.

But, I'll suggest it - and let you know how things turn out.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:37 am

Sorry, dude. Friend and co-worker are two different people. Co-worker is married....not sure how her husband is going to feel about sitting with my friend in the balcony or me boinking his wife.

But, I'll suggest it - and let you know how things turn out.

For my taste this makes for a much more interesting movie.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Sorry, dude. Friend and co-worker are two different people.

Happiness is.... Head_yank

CAT FIGHT!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happiness is.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happiness is....   Happiness is.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Happiness is....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Things-
Jump to: