Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

GM and the rest of the gang of 3

Go down 
+2
Agent 13
clothier
6 posters
AuthorMessage
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

GM and the rest of the gang of 3 Empty
PostSubject: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:10 pm

so I'll skip all the crap, and get to my point:

Here in my neck of the woods, they were jst talking on the news about how important keeping the jobs bank up and running is. If you don't know, GM and the UAW got together and created this job bank where the workers don't have jobs an more, but are still employed, and get paid. Right, for doing nothing other then being avaialbe if their job ever re-appears.

got that?

One UAW local in my 'hood has 72 guys still in the bank.

The Local head was just on the news talking abou how he was going to go to the mat for his guys to keep the bank open.

Idiot.

No wonder no one wants to give you any $$$.

this company sold thier soul to the union, and the union did the same, and neither group has a freaking idea anymore how to run a company.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 pm

I hate to see people losing jobs, but from a distance it seems like the unions have been doggy the very willing car companies for years. This was never a sustainable business model. The school districts in my area have followed the same model, but fortunately for them, they can simply raise taxes at a rate that out paces inflation by a significant degree. They get their "bailout" every year. A car manufacturer is limited by the competition, and can't do this. It is sad, but expected.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Fortunately, the school districts can also cut "non essential" programming - like art, music, etc. to help them feed at the trough.

Really....who needs that crap anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:26 am

Yeah, but how bout the lions? That has to warm some cockles.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:06 am

Ouch....taking a swing at the Lions.

Isn't that kind of low-hanging fruit?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 am

If, by "low-hanging fruit," you mean a zero-and-thirteen, completely inconsequential football team, then you're probably right.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:21 am

i95 wrote:
If, by "low-hanging fruit," you mean a zero-and-thirteen, completely inconsequential football team, then you're probably right.

Is it fair to consider them hanging? They are more like the bug infested, rotten fruit that fell off the tree last week and has started to ferment.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:02 pm

I would just think that taking a swipe at the J-E-T-S Mess! Mess! Mess! would be more appropriate. They beat the best team in football and have now dropped two straight to less-than-marginal opponents.

Unfortunately, they're not located in Michigan, thereby immediately making this less funny.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Independent George wrote:
I would just think that taking a swipe at the J-E-T-S Mess! Mess! Mess! would be more appropriate. They beat the best team in football and have now dropped two straight to less-than-marginal opponents.

Unfortunately, they're not located in Michigan, thereby immediately making this less funny.

Don't fuck with my J-E-T-S man, just don't go there.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:43 pm

lions.

.248 winning percentage in the past 8 years.

worst.

8 years.

ever.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:00 pm

Whats most alarming about the Lions is that every one of them makes at least the NFL league minimum, which is an even better bullshit deal than the autoworkers that are being paid not to produce automobiles.

Fucking unions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:26 am

What about the bonus the executives get? My guess is that it's more than the league minimums.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 1:04 pm

I'm not sure. But I think football players and other professional athletes are the exception to the general rule of the "worker" getting screwed by The Man.

Personally I'd be happy as hell to sit on the Lions bench, deep deep in the depth chart at any position for league minimum. I'd be proud to be a Lion brother.

I'd hook Clothier and his "family" up with tickets, we could hang after the game, all that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 1:06 pm

You could seriously pimp clothier's mom's minivan with some sweet logo sticker swag.

Nice.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:43 pm

come on, you know my mom won't let me put stickers on the van.

Not even the rockin Tesla one i-95 sent me.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:57 pm

clothier wrote:
come on, you know my mom won't let me put stickers on the van.

Not even the rockin Tesla one i-95 sent me.

I mean he seems like a really interesting guy but doesn't seem very rockin' to me.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Dude, I would not poke fun at the Serbian Croats.

Not even dead ones.

He could still drop a five man acoustic jam of whoop-ass on you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM and the rest of the gang of 3   GM and the rest of the gang of 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GM and the rest of the gang of 3
Page 1 of 1