Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Since this seems to be where we discuss television....

Go down 
+2
pastrami-on-wry
Independent George
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Your review of Season 3 is on the money.

Season 4 continues (and actually escalates) the downward spiral of Nancy's character and you will find her pretty despicable in many episodes . The "new writers" (if that's what they actually are) must have taken the original writers hostage since the darkness gets worse and the moral center of pretty much every character takes a negative turn.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Yeah....something tells me that I'm not going to like that. I get frustrated with shows that take turns that just aren't at all plausible. Yes...I know it is television and not real - but, when the show starts, Nancy seems like a decent Mom just trying to preserve her way of life - without causing too much disruption to her and her children's world.

Since then...it seems like she has done everything in and out of her power to cause disruption to her life and put her children in harm's way.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm sure that it is not a spoiler to tell you that there is a torture scene in a Season 4 episode that is literally nauseating. The show is certainly not a light-hearted romp any longer.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:54 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
A saving grace of Season 4 were the 3 or so appearances by Albert Brooks.

Speaking of Super Dave's brother -- and not to
start a new "The Town" thread -- but has anyone
else yet seen him in the just released:

Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 Drive-movie-trailer

I caught it this weekend (NOT for the squeamish,
BTW) and, without spoiling anything, alll I can say is:

Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 Eek Oh, my! Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 Eek

Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Since I believe the only place that someone can view this is in one of them old-fangled things called a motion picture thee-ate-er I would have to say that I haven't seen it. When it comes to the Redbox or streams on some service I will definitely give it a whirl.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 pm

To get back to the real subject of this thread, television, I just watched the "Entourage" series finale this weekend. Although, like all long-running shows, "Entourage" certainly had it ups and downs, I really enjoyed this final season and feel that the show ended on a high note. I also think it's somewhat obvious that all of the main characters' storylines were conveniently left ripe for "Entourage - The Movie".
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:14 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Since I believe the only place that someone can view this is in one of them old-fangled things called a motion picture thee-ate-er I would have to say that I haven't seen it. When it comes to the Redbox or streams on some service I will definitely give it a whirl.

I saw a movie in the theater over the weekend. It was completely barbaric. An hour and 40 minutes of desperate, silent struggle over an arm rest with some aging fucktard who lacks the social grace to show up on time for a widely scheduled event, then has the audacity to sit next to me thinking hes gonna rest his antique dick beater on my armrest. Plus my wife forbade me from taking my shoes off.

The film by the way was The Debt. Decent enough, but it would have benefited from some of Soorkin's snappy dialogue.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:34 am

laststandchili wrote:
I saw a movie in the theater over the weekend. It was completely barbaric.

Having a large screen TV, bluray player and a very good surround sound AV receiver has given me a new perspective on the joys of movie viewing. Although waiting for the DVD release puts you 6 or so months behind the curve of seeing the latest and greatest movies, not having to put up with cell phone usage, incessant yammering during dialogue, sticky floors, hacking and coughing, and general rudeness of the majority of today's filmgoers has made movies fun for me again. Also, the ability to pause a movie while you go take a piss should not be underestimated.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:48 am

laststandchili wrote:
...some aging fucktard who...has the audacity to sit next to me thinking hes gonna rest his antique dick beater on my armrest.

lsc, out of curiosity, did the guy sitting next to you look like this?
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:57 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
laststandchili wrote:

Having a large screen TV, bluray player and a very good surround sound AV receiver has given me a new perspective on the joys of movie viewing. Although waiting for the DVD release puts you 6 or so months behind the curve of seeing the latest and greatest movies, not having to put up with cell phone usage, incessant yammering during dialogue, sticky floors, hacking and coughing, and general rudeness of the majority of today's filmgoers has made movies fun for me again. Also, the ability to pause a movie while you go take a piss should not be underestimated.

you know, since you are 6 months or so behind in your movie watching, may I make a suggestion? there was a fine little movie that came out about 8 month or so ago, it didn't get much publicicty, most people haven't even heard of it, but I thought it was really good, and I think you'd enjoy it as well. It was called "The Town". I suggest you see it.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:35 pm

clothier,

Thanks, Bro, I'll have to check that one out. I hadn't heard about it until now.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:50 pm

e="pastrami-on-wry"]
laststandchili wrote:

Having a large screen TV, bluray player and a very good surround sound AV receiver has given me a new perspective on the joys of movie viewing. Although waiting for the DVD release puts you 6 or so months behind the curve of seeing the latest and greatest movies, not having to put up with cell phone usage, incessant yammering during dialogue, sticky floors, hacking and coughing, and general rudeness of the majority of today's filmgoers has made movies fun for me again. Also, the ability to pause a movie while you go take a piss should not be underestimated. [/quote]

I' with you. as a matter of fact since i added Netflix to the entertainment arsenal I don't even pause for piss breaks I just keep empty gatorade bottles handy.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:10 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
clothier,

Thanks, Bro, I'll have to check that one out. I hadn't heard about it until now.

i'm here for you, my man.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:40 am

I would like to see Drive. Haven't yet. It is behind, in my mental movie queue, 'Moneyball,' which was co-written by none other than Aaron Sorkin.

You see what I did there?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:15 am

Independent George wrote:
co-written by none other than Aaron Sorkin.

I have been wondering about this "co-written" deal. Sorkin tends to work (and do hallucenigenic mushrooms) alone so I'm thinking this may have been a credited script-doctoring deal more than writing with someone else.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:08 am

The book was written by Michael Lewis. I haven't given an in-depth look at the writing credits to the movie, but the whole thing is an adaptation, and as such, it may be the reason for his "co-written" tag.

Beats me.

Anyway, I was looking at the lineup for HBO tonight, which I conveniently have in my hotel room (no F#$% Comedy Central, but that is a rant for a different day). It seems that there is a movie called 'The Town' airing tonight. Anyone know if it is any good?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 am

What?
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:20 pm

2 of my friends saw "Drive" on Sat. they both pronounced it very suckish. they are, however, both female, and were, I believe, attracted to the movie more by ryan gosling then the premise of the movie, whatever that may be.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Hey...not sure if I ever mentioned it, but I thought the town was really good. I recorded it but wore a hole thru the part where Blake Lively looks slutty...

Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 The-town-blake-lively_480x360

Yum.

Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Blake Lively looks slutty...

Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 The-town-blake-lively_480x360

I think I read somewhere that she is dating Leonardo Da Vinci. She must dig older men.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:43 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:

I think I read somewhere that she is dating Leonardo Da Vinci. She must dig older men.

Wasn't that the dude who invented the Morse Code?

He must be freaking ancient!
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Since this seems to be where we discuss television....   Since this seems to be where we discuss television.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Since this seems to be where we discuss television....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2