Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Excited Voters

Go down 
+2
laststandchili
Agent 13
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Excited Voters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 am

I hadn't thought about that.

Does anyone know if Pac-man Jones was born in the US?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:52 am

Agent 13 wrote:
laststandchili wrote:

Given this criteria wouldn't Tiger Woods have been a better candidate?

Talk about diversity in one neat little exciting package.

I don't know. What if that knee injury has affected his game? Diversity? good...Compromised long game? Not good.

People, you're missing the larger issue of a Tiger Woods Presidency that being that this...

Excited Voters - Page 2 Elin_nod11

...would be the First Lady.

(My Lord, such might even have ol' Angry Liberal completely forgetting about Rosalynn Carter.)
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 am

i95 wrote:

People, you're missing the larger issue of a Tiger Woods Presidency that being that this...

Excited Voters - Page 2 Elin_nod11

...would be the First Lady.

(My Lord, such might even have ol' Angry Liberal completely forgetting about Rosalynn Carter.)

Now that is a non-substantive reason I can rally behind!
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 am

Agent 13 wrote:
Now that is a non-substantive reason I can rally behind!

Two of 'em, even.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:03 pm

i95 wrote:
This just in:

(AP) Los Angeles police authorities are confirming today a motor vehicle crash involving comedienne Margaret Cho and one in which she suffered complete loss of her lower jaw as well as the use of her less-than-funny limbs.

I got a buck says that the vehicle took it worse than Cho.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 9:51 am

I take offense at the AP id'ing her as a "comedienne".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:34 pm

BO is a very bright, articulate man that appears to have the ability to inspire people to work toward a better county for all Americans.
We will see what happens, but a lot of it was the republican just ran a shitty candidate, a worse VP candidate and the campaign itself was a disaster.
You guys are just too old and bitter, and probably clinging to a gun. (Metaphorically speaking)
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Angry Liberal wrote:
... the republican just ran a shitty candidate...

This is the only part I really disagree with - well, and referring to the POTUS with the same term that one describes body odor. McCain was a fine candidate, whose weaknesses were exposed by a really well run (some may say perfect) campaign from Obama. The sad truth is this - the guy I saw making the concession speech was a guy I could have voted for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Sad to you. Good for America!
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 pm

I think it is sad for the Republican party. Whoever McCain considered to be top advisors steered him in the wrong direction.

I think that this election proved that the centrists in the country are really the majority - not the nuts on the far left or the far right. Unfortunately, McCain spent too much of his political capital appealing to far right cuckoos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Be careful, you might offend LSC. And if you listen to them, the "True Conservatives", they claim that McCain spent too much time coddling the moderate Republicans. I just hope they keep fighting and we will take care of running the country.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 1:32 pm

I never was a John McCain supporter. I have no idea how he ended up with the nomination. The only thing that would have been worse would have been for one of the other GOP contenders to have gotten it. Bad, bad, and badder.

But, I'm magnanimous, and hardly want to see bad things for the country. Congrats to all the dems. You've got the ball.

The stock market doesn't seem to impressed, but it's early yet.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 1:39 pm

Angry Liberal wrote:
BO is a very bright, articulate man that appears to have the ability to inspire people to work toward a better county for all Americans.

I hope you are right. Too much of what I heard from BO and his supporters was about doing good things, but on someone else's dime. I have no problem with working and paying for a better country, but the promise that this can come with only a small percentage footing the bill is false hope, and I feel BO sold a lot of that. He did run an excellent campaign, but McDonald's runs good campaigns as well, doesn't mean their food has any substance or long lasting value.

I honestly hope for good things, but I am not reedy to drink the kool aid just yet.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 4:00 pm

laststandchili wrote:

How "impressed" was the stock market before the election?

Or did you mean "DEpressed?"
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 9:46 am

laststandchili wrote:

But, I'm magnanimous, and hardly want to see bad things for the country. Congrats to all the dems. You've got the ball.

This isn't a good start...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6201900&page=1

President-elect Barack Obama's newly appointed chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, served on the board of directors of the federal mortgage firm Freddie Mac at a time when scandal was brewing at the troubled agency and the board failed to spot "red flags," according to government reports reviewed by ABCNews.com.

Wasn't the fall of Freddie Mac one of the first steps (off the cliff) that send us tumbling down the economic road we are on right now?

Last edited by Agent 13 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 am

13, you're just not audacious enough to believe, change, and hope.

Fucktard.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 9:51 am

laststandchili wrote:
13, you're just not audacious enough to believe, change, and hope.

Fucktard.

I got hope, hope that I am not in the spray pattern when the "hey this guy isn't what he promised" shit hits the fan.

I also foresee change...change being the only thing left in my bank and retirement accounts if people who helped lead us into this economic mess are now rewarded with even more important (and potentially damaging) positions!
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 am

Always with the negative waves Moriarty.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 10:23 am

Independent George wrote:
I think it is sad for the Republican party. Whoever McCain considered to be top advisors steered him in the wrong direction.

I think that this election proved that the centrists in the country are really the majority - not the nuts on the far left or the far right. Unfortunately, McCain spent too much of his political capital appealing to far right cuckoos.

hey, george, you know what? I agree with you.

There was way too much of not letting McCain be McCain. He should have stuck to his guns and insisted on the Lieberman as his Veep. I think the media really needs to call off the dogs from Palin, and find out whose brilliant idea it was to have her as the VP candidate. That's who is really to blame for her, um, issues.

i think the real mccain, the one who won the nomination, could have won the election. but the dopes from the RNC clearly had other fish to fry then getting him elected.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 am

clothier wrote:

There was way too much of not letting McCain be McCain.

That was the phrase that I was stuck on. I am a huge fan of The West Wing and one of the fabulous Season 1 episodes is titled "Let Bartlet Be Bartlet."

The YouTube is a wonderful place.

Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am

I am a huge fan of The West Wing

I'm also a huge "West Wing" fan and a lover of Aaron Sorkin's writing in general. Anyone who could write "Sports Night", "West Wing", and "A Few Good Men" is okay in my book. I mean just Nicholson's iconic "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" rant in "A Few Good Men" is enough to make the guy a hall-of-famer.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:28 am

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
I'm also a huge "West Wing" fan and a lover of Aaron Sorkin's writing in general.

Sure. It figures that YOU'D like him. Excited Voters - Page 2 Smiley_weed
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 am

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
I'm also a huge "West Wing" fan and a lover of Aaron Sorkin's writing in general. Anyone who could write "Sports Night", "West Wing", and "A Few Good Men" is okay in my book. I mean just Nicholson's iconic "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" rant in "A Few Good Men" is enough to make the guy a hall-of-famer.

I think I could make a pretty good case for Sports Night being the best show on television that no one ever watched.

:(
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:38 am

I think I could make a pretty good case for Sports Night being the best show on television that no one ever watched.
:(

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:45 am

Did any of you ever figure out what Studio 60... was about?

There was some good stuff there, but it seemed very muddled and confused about itself.

Could the fact that it was cancelled, and 30 Rock is winning awards be proof of the absence of god?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excited Voters   Excited Voters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Excited Voters
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Politics-
Jump to: