Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

For all you 80's fans!

Go down 
+2
i95
Independent George
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

For all you 80's fans! Empty
PostSubject: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:27 pm

Someone sent this to me, and I thought it was cool. Enjoy.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1832838
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 9:40 pm

In a similar 80s vein, this is a great cover:

For all you 80's fans! Cary-brothers

PLAY
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:29 pm

i95 wrote:
In a similar 80s vein, this is a great cover:

For all you 80's fans! Cary-brothers

PLAY

Like the dude in the band, I always liked this song too...but I think I like this cover even better!
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:33 pm

I was flipping through the TV channels and came across some movie I didn't bother watching, but this song was in the scene I watched. One I hadn't thought of in a while...

Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:37 pm

Another 80's favorite. My kids like this one too.

another cool video for same song...

Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
I was flipping through the TV channels and came across some movie I didn't bother watching, but this song was in the scene I watched. One I hadn't thought of in a while...

Cool. Cool Have you ever heard any of Ian McCulloch's post Bunnymen work? Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:20 pm

For all you 80's fans! Whvirginiasm

Also, did you ever catch these guys?
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Did I live in the same 80's as you guys?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 8:34 pm

Independent George wrote:

OK, OK. For Georgie: PLAY. Cool
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 9:47 pm

i95 wrote:

Perhaps you over estimate the depths of George's 80's tastes. I am thinking more along the lines of...

Also, despite my promise to not share any of the family photos he accidentally forwarded to me...here is a glimpse of the George family back in the 80's, when our Independent one, was not quite as Independent.

For all you 80's fans! Childabusetp7

You are right George...your 80's was a different 80's!
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Also, despite my promise to not share any of the family photos he accidentally forwarded to me...here is a glimpse of the George family back in the 80's, when our Independent one, was not quite as Independent.

For all you 80's fans! Childabusetp7

Being a bit older, and from a different era, I figured that I would rescue Georgie from his shame by posting this POW family photo from the late 60's:
For all you 80's fans! Bobkirk2
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 11:18 pm

i95 wrote:

No lie.

When I was in college, I was president of the programming board (you know, the guys who brought all the "entertainment" to campus - how was I supposed to know that they wouldn't let me hire strippers?). When I signed up to join the club, one of the questions asked about why you wanted to be involved, and one of the answers was to "be a part of major concerts on campus - like Night Ranger!" Yep. Night Ranger played our lil' campus the year before I started as a freshman. They were big time. The contract was hanging in the office for awhile - i.e. until I became president and thought that it was a little outdated.

Most famous guy I hired before he became famous?

Jon Stewart.....nice guy, wasn't a complete dickwad.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Agent 13 wrote:
Perhaps you over estimate the depths of George's 80's tastes. I am thinking more along the lines of...

Take a good look at the chick singing that song - right in the face. Tell me that she hasn't ever tipped the scales around 250 lbs??

I do appreciate your choice for the Mix FM Pick-Me-Up Song of the Day, though.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 8:00 am

Take a good look at the chick singing that song - right in the face. Tell me that she hasn't ever tipped the scales around 250 lbs??

Providing that such was true, that freakin' overbite would still cast a shadow on such paunch. pig
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 am

Yep. Night Ranger played our lil' campus the year before I started as a freshman.

Trust me, it could've been worse. affraid
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:28 am

i95 wrote:

No lie.

When I was in college, I was president of the programming board (you know, the guys who brought all the "entertainment" to campus - how was I supposed to know that they wouldn't let me hire strippers?). When I signed up to join the club, one of the questions asked about why you wanted to be involved, and one of the answers was to "be a part of major concerts on campus - like Night Ranger!" Yep. Night Ranger played our lil' campus the year before I started as a freshman. They were big time. The contract was hanging in the office for awhile - i.e. until I became president and thought that it was a little outdated.

One of the saddest things I saw was one day, outside a dive bar called the Cozy Cabin, a spot known for live music performed by people with marginal talent, was the Night Ranger tour bus. I never much cared for these guys, but they were big. How depressing it mus have been to be relegated to places like the Cozy Cabin. Some people don't know when to quit.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 am

i95 wrote:

Providing that such was true, that freakin' overbite would still cast a shadow on such paunch. pig

Not that any one cares...but These pictures show she actually hasn't bulked up too much and may look better now than she did in the 80's!
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 10:08 am

Agent 13 wrote:
i95 wrote:

No lie.

One of the saddest things I saw was one day, outside a dive bar called the Cozy Cabin, a spot known for live music performed by people with marginal talent, was the Night Ranger tour bus. I never much cared for these guys, but they were big. How depressing it mus have been to be relegated to places like the Cozy Cabin. Some people don't know when to quit.

That is sad. I saw BTO at JD's Night Heat in Leesville, LA. the same way in the late 80s.

My brush with Night Ranger came in High School. There was a radio contest to see which local school could get the most signatures, with the winner getting the band to to play a show at their school. A good friend destroyed many, many pages of signatures that were posted all over the building, and very nearly ended up in a fight over it with some Night Ranger devotees.

Strange days indeed.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 am

laststandchili wrote:
I saw BTO at JD's Night Heat in Leesville, LA. the same way in the late 80s.

For all you 80's fans! Bto

What the Hell were these blokes
doing in Louisiana, anyway? scratch
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 am

i95 wrote:
laststandchili wrote:
I saw BTO at JD's Night Heat in Leesville, LA. the same way in the late 80s.

For all you 80's fans! Bto

What the Hell were these blokes
doing in Louisiana, anyway? scratch

It was a crazy tweed evening I'll tell you what. Those bird fanciers can throw down.

I think they were hunting snipe.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:24 pm

laststandchili wrote:
I think they were hunting snipe.

Where, of course.....wait for it.....wait for it.....they ain't seen nothing yet. For all you 80's fans! Smilielol
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Tremendous.

You went to the British Trust for Ornithology before lapsing directly into BTO tune quotes.

Thats why I like it here so much.

Somebody should call NBC with a proposal for a WOT sitcom.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:26 pm

In your own esteemed words, thanks for seeing what I did there. Wink
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm

As always i-95 is takin' care of business.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 4:20 pm

i95 wrote:
Trust me, it could've been worse. affraid

OK...I recognize the one on the left as Garth from Wayne's World, but the chick on the right has pretty hair - ugly face, but pretty hair.

laststandchili wrote:
Somebody should call NBC with a proposal for a WOT sitcom.

I think that we already know that no network would be crazy enough to make a show about nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For all you 80's fans!   For all you 80's fans! Empty

Back to top Go down

For all you 80's fans!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next