Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? Empty
PostSubject: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 11:01 am

oh, yeah.

did you all go to fricking florida with POW?
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Nah, I'm here. I'm grounded this week.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 1:08 pm

clothier wrote:

Well, at least I am. We arrived here yesterday:

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? FL_8850

Or as my bear calls it, "Implant City." (He's so naughty!!)
Today, it's all day by the pool and tonight? Who knows?
Maybe some sausage with red sauce.

(Now where's that Charles Nelson Reilly sound effect when you need it? scratch )
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 1:59 pm

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? 15108083

what?
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 2:04 pm

it's football season, I'm easily distracted.

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? Ophe-3944-mid
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 2:07 pm

you know what I mean?

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? Ophe-3751-mid
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 2:45 pm

did someone say something?
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 3:58 pm

she did:so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? 08_brooklyn-decker_01
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks for, to quote one of our fellow posters...the "quasi-juvenile beatoff fantasy that is bitterly clung to by (this) middle-aged....man(?)."
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:09 pm

i don't know what that means, but you're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:21 pm

clothier wrote:
i don't know what that means, but you're welcome.

I don't really know what it means either, but they wrote it after the last run of similar photos. I assumed it meant they liked them...I mean...who wouldn't?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 pm

i95 wrote:
clothier wrote:

[center]Well, at least I am. We arrived here yesterday:

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? FL_8850

Or as my bear calls it, "Implant City." (He's so naughty!!)
Today, it's all day by the pool and tonight? Who knows?
Maybe some sausage with red sauce.

Thanks for, to quote one of our fellow posters...the "quasi-juvenile beatoff fantasy that is bitterly clung to by (this) middle-aged....man(?)."
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:16 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:

I would now officially like to disassociate myself from this conversation.

Not that there is anything wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? 2007.lair6
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:44 pm

thanks.

no yellow ribbons?
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:54 pm

This is the time of year when all good posters flee Florida.

By the way, I would like to share with you all my miserable travel day yesterday (Wednesday). Imagine things starting at straight-up midnight.

I walk my friend from Chicago, who also happens to be in NY at the same time as me - pure co-inky-dink - back to her hotel after a lovely late-night meal in Little Italy. I had the pollo marsala, in case you're interested. She didn't have nearly enough wine to make me more attractive.

We arrive at her hotel and she tells me that it would be silly of me to pay for a night at a hotel with such an early flight and it would be smarter of me to stay in her room (woooo hoooooo!!! fun )....in her extra bed (Ugh! knife ) than to drive to Newark at this late an hour. Realizing that this was a bad idea on any number of levels, I chose to drive to Newark. The Holland Tunnel, which was a mere stone's throw from her hotel, ended up taking me over an hour to cross, as construction brought passage down to one lane.

I arrived at my hotel just after 1 am to find that they were oversold and gave my guaranteed room away. I am a professional traveler - these things happen - so, I don't lose my cool - just ask what kind of compensation they will provide and they tell me that they are going to put me up at the Days Inn up the road. Yes, I was walked from a Marriott to a Days FUCKING Inn. My Platinum status - means nothing - have a nice night at the Days Inn - pay no mind to the drunk hookers passed out in the hotel elevator.

After now losing my cool, I made my way to the Days Inn, only to find out that the Marriott doesn't have a direct billing account with the Days Inn, so I needed to wait in the lobby for the guy from the Marriott (who sure as fuck doesn't want to see my happy ass again) to come over and pay for the room - IN CASH. Did I mention that my cross-country flight was at 7 am? Another half-hour passes before Marriott guy comes over and pays for the room. Steamed does not begin to describe my demeanor at the sight of this poor pimply-faced goober. Of course, all the while I am thinking, "why the hell didn't I just stay with (my friend) back in SoHo? I would be asleep by now...with a raging case of blue balls, but asleep, nonetheless!"

I finally get a key to head up to my room - after pounding on the keyboard for about 10 minutes, the clerk found me a king non-smoking room....get to the room, and the key doesn't work. fyou So, I haul all my shit back downstairs - over the drunken hookers - and the guy starts laughing when he sees me come out of the elevator. "Ohh...I know what happened with you...." in his best Eddie Murphy in Coming to America voice. He gives me another key, apologizes and sends me on my way. This time, he told me that, God forbid, if the key doesn't work, just call down from the house phone (do you sense some foreshadowing?).

I get back up to the room (yes, over the drunken hookers, one more time) and put the key in the slot. The light, which should turn green if the key opens the door, or red if it doesn't (as had happened before) now turns YELLOW. Yellow???? wtf So, I make my way over the house phone and call down to my now good friend. I explain the yellow light and he tells me "hmm...that's odd...the yellow light only goes on when someone has the dead bolt turned....uh-oh.....ummm....meet my guy on the sixth floor...I can upgrade you to a king suite for the night...I am REALLY sorry."

King suite....great. Just the kind of thing for my now TWO HOUR hotel stay. I ask him to make sure that he moves the two morning wake up calls from the first room to the second room - and he assures me that this is done (again...do you feel the foreshadowing?).

Needless to say, I can't sleep. Heck, I can't sleep under normal circumstances, but this sure as fuck ain't helping. I watched some South Park on Insomniac Theater....but, never did fall asleep.

Good thing, too...my wake up calls never came.

Epilogue: Made my flight, screaming kid right behind my head, no sleep, cranky fucker when I landed in PDX.

But, in the words of John Astin....."I'm feeling MUCH better now!"
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:04 pm

clothier wrote:
no yellow ribbons?

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? Seinfeldribbon

WHO does not want
to wear the ribbon??!
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 pm

hey George?

I'm sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:40 pm

And I'm sorry that "Vernor Von Verbosity" couldn't have just told the condensed version of the above story which would've simply read, "I didn't stay at ellen4641's place but got fucked anyway." Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Independent George wrote:
...with a raging case of blue balls

Ol' Blue Balls Is Back
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:03 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Ol' Blue Balls Is Back

Don't you mean the "Chairman of the Board"?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:41 pm

i95 wrote:
pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Ol' Blue Balls Is Back

Don't you mean the "Chairman of the Board"?

Don't you mean "Chairman of the Bored"?
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 3:23 am

i95 wrote:
And I'm sorry that "Vernor Von Verbosity" couldn't have just told the condensed version....

Sorry. I was trying to make up for two months of not posting in one afternoon.

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? Goodfellas%20joe%20pesci

Now, go get your fuckin' shine box.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:27 am

Independent George wrote:

Now, go get your fuckin' shine box.

I really love that line...but when ever I use it I am always met with blank stares. You the man George!
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

The picture doesn't really fit...but, I am glad you got the idea.

Goodfellas may be even more quotable in my neck of the woods than Seinfeld.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?   so, um, let's see, what's the phrase? Empty

Back to top Go down

so, um, let's see, what's the phrase?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next