Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Independent George...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Independent George... Empty
PostSubject: Independent George...   Independent George... EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:40 am

Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Independent George... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independent George...   Independent George... EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 am

Independent George... 5773329088_4d8c7de5de_z

For ease of discussion, I "borrowed" the image from the linked web site.

No, I don't agree. I don't know that any individual would agree, but isn't that the nature of lists such as these?

PNC is great - and I could easily rank it ahead of all the other non-Fenway, non-Wrigley parks (sorry, they're in a class of their own and cannot be fairly ranked in comparison with the rest of major league baseball stadia). I probably like Camden Yards a bit better, but that is just nitpicking.

But, the bottom line is that I would have a different set of judging criteria. No way I would rank Dodger Stadium at the bottom, but I can see how the people of Yelp might want to rank things like concessions, traffic, and fan rowdiness. Me...I'm interested in the baseball experience. I am not bombarded by hideous advertising at every step (think Citi Field). It is a gorgeous setting to watch a game and they haven't given in to gimmicky crap that DETRACTS one's attention from what is happening on the field. Although, given the current state of their team, maybe they should.

Kaufman is a stadium that I love. It was formed of the cookie-cutter, multi-purpose generation (Cincy, STL, Vets Stadium in Philly), but since their remodel, I think it is as nice a facility as any in baseball.

I liked Minute Maid and Angel Stadium (though I prefer when it was just referred to as "The Big A") more than the people of Yelp. I liked Coors Field, Rangers Ballpark, Citi and Progressive far less.
Back to top Go down

Independent George...
Page 1 of 1