Exactly

HomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegister

Share | 

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Just caught "The Fighter" last night. What a great flick! (I was going to say that the movie was a knockout but you all know how much I hate puns)

I still unfairly think of Mark Wahlberg as Marky Mark but his subtle work here in the much less flashy male lead is nuanced and wonderful. It is Christian Bale, who in his deserved Oscar-winning role, gets to let it all hang out and a virtuoso piece of work is the result. Melissa Leo and Amy Adams were both nominated for Oscars and were both so good that I would have been okay with either taking home the little gold guy.

If you haven't seen this yet...........................check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agent 13
Needs Help

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "THE TOWN"...........BUT HAVE YOU SEEN "THE FIGHTER"?   Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 pm

pastrami-on-wry wrote:
Just caught "The Fighter" last night. What a great flick! (I was going to say that the movie was a knockout but you all know how much I hate puns)

I still unfairly think of Mark Wahlberg as Marky Mark but his subtle work here in the much less flashy male lead is nuanced and wonderful. It is Christian Bale, who in his deserved Oscar-winning role, gets to let it all hang out and a virtuoso piece of work is the result. Melissa Leo and Amy Adams were both nominated for Oscars and were both so good that I would have been okay with either taking home the little gold guy.

If you haven't seen this yet...........................check it out.

You know The Town also takes place in Massachusetts. A nice movie trifecta is The Departed, The Town, The Fighter. You'll come out talking like a native.

This song, which preceded the movie by many years, is basically a 2 1/2 minute long version of the movie, for those who are short on time...