Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

laststandchili...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 pm

laststandchili... Bbq_Ribs

...do you do: http://www.barbayq.com/ ?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Hmmmm...maybe I should've been more direct when I titled this thread. scratch
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Damn. I might have to.

I'll look into it. I'm currently retired from BBQ competition. Entered one, took Grand Champion. Resigned gracefully.

It's actually a butt load of time and money, and most of the bbq folks work fanatically to cook very middle of the road, inoffensive bbq where the presentation of the turn in box is damn near as big a deal as the flavor.

But, hey if it's in town I'll save on gas money.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 pm

laststandchili wrote:
I'm currently retired from BBQ competition. Entered one, took Grand Champion. Resigned gracefully.

Very cool! BTW, and I know that this isn't RoadFood.com, but two Annapolis things:

(1) Had some great cream of crab soup this week at Harry Brownes -- a place, believe it or not, which I had never previously been this after frequenting Annapolis for over 30 years;

(b) and have you ever been to Davis' Pub over in Eastport? Such is another place I'd like to try.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:15 pm

I've never been to Harry Brownes, but have always heard mixed reviews. The menu looks more interesting than I would have imagined.

Davis' is a tiny little hole in the wall place serving locals primarily. Like most Annapolis spots, it's mostly about the booze.

I've been eating around Annapolis a lot recently, hoping to find something better than the run of the mill tourist traps with mixed results.

http://www.osteria177.com/: Decent, but pricey and a bit hipper than it really needs to be. My cioppino featured poorly cleaned mussels which left a gritty sediment at the bottom of the bowl. Unpleasant, but not inedible. The beef carpaccio was excellent.

http://www.lesfoliesbrasserie.com/: Had lunch here last week. Fabulous raw bar selection, tremendous service, everything is done very well and surprisingly unfussy.

http://www.vietthaiparadise.com/: Tremendous, fresh, authentic Asian cuisine. Provided first Pho sighting to the area when they opened a few years ago.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-juquilita-annapolis#hrid:XIMLpGWwEw9-RP3ZFe9RTw: Amazing tacos and its right around the corner from work. I actually convinced my boss to lease one of the other spaces in the shopping center mainly so I'd have an excuse to get here more often. They've got the good stuff, lengua, tripe, and cabeza, oh my.

http://www.cafenormandie.com/: Another Main Street standard. Very mediocre. Had sweetbreads in a marsala sauce there for dinner a couple weeks ago. Mushy, bland, with a greasy broken sauce. They've always done breakfast well, but now serve only on weekends.

http://www.aquaterraofannapolis.com/: Haven't been yet, but I'm very hopeful about this place.

Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:21 am

stop the freaking bus.

"convinced my boss"?

LSC has a job?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:19 am

Great list, lsc. BTW, what's the name of Bob Kinkead's new(er) place in Annapolis?
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Hells Point? At the city dock in the former Phillips and Harbor House location.

Seen mixed reviews on that as well, mostly on Chowhound.

It's another on my list to try.

and of course I have a job. What do think, crystal meth cooks itself?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 am

Hey, laststand, on a completely UNrelated note and
as a "local," I thought you might get a kick out of this:

"And, yes, and you can have this set here..."
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 pm

I remember it well.

I still rock those shorts on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:37 am

Just noted this on the event website for the BarBayQ. I wasn't even aware that cornholing had developed into league play.

"Losers pay to play again?" Dear god, what does that mean?!?!?

Rotaract Cornhole Tournament!
Filed under Announcements by donchomas on May 9, 2011 at 4:07 pm no comments
The Annapolis Rotaract Club is hosting a cornhole tournament on Saturday.

$20 per 2 person team. Registration at 4PM. tournament begins at 4:15.

50% to the barBAYq charitable fund. 50% purse to be split amongst 1st and 2nd place teams (60/40 split).

Open play will be available throughout the entire bar bay q event. a 2BBQ Buck donation to play. Winners stays on the board, losers pay to play again.

Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:16 am

laststandchili wrote:
I wasn't even aware that cornholing had developed into league play. "Losers pay to play again?" Dear god, what does that mean?!?!?

I think it means that if you lose, you have to wear
your shirt like this for the remainder of the day:

laststandchili... Cornholio6
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:31 am

heh, heh, heh
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:50 am

i don't think that's what it means....
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:53 am

in cornholing, how does one keep score?
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Biggest smile wins?
Back to top Go down

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:38 am

Sort of explains why he has been a little testy lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

laststandchili... Empty
PostSubject: Re: laststandchili...   laststandchili... Empty

Back to top Go down

laststandchili...
Page 1 of 1