Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Hey Steve...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Hey Steve... Empty
PostSubject: Hey Steve...   Hey Steve... EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm

I just wanted you to know how sorry I am for your loss. I know it's just words, and there isn't much that i can say that'll make it better, but let their memory be a blessing.

and for the rest of you, steve lost some friends/colleagues in a plane crash yesterday. it's terribly sad.
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Hey Steve... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Steve...   Hey Steve... EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:48 pm

I echo clothier's sentiments and knew nothing of last night's incident until I just Googled it after reading the post above. So sorry, Steve.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Hey Steve... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Steve...   Hey Steve... EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:05 am

So sorry for your loss, Bro.
Back to top Go down
Independent George
Internets Tool
Internets Tool
Independent George

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Hey Steve... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Steve...   Hey Steve... EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:29 am

Yeah - shitty week.

I found out about the crash while I was sitting down to dinner (after what was an excruciating enough day PRIOR to this horrible news). I found out in a series of texts...first came news of a crash...then of the casualties...and then "unconfirmed" reports of who might be on the plane. All the while, I am sitting there thinking "Oh, please don't let it be Derek....please don't let it be Jonathan....please don't let it be Marissa...." and so on...

Then, I found out that it wasn't any of those people. And, I had this odd, split-second sense of relief.

Then I felt like a dick.

Why didn't I think of the people that I knew that were on the plane? Why didn't I hope that it wasn't them? And, after a brief period of beating myself up over that...I stopped. The "who" doesn't matter...the "why" doesn't matter...and (I really wish people would stop focusing on this) the "how" surely doesn't matter. It just sucks. I could tell you very personal stories about each of them (well, three of them...I didn't know Kyle) - but, there's no sense in both of us crying about this. :-) Just know that I am a better person for having known them for a short period.

You want the kicker to the story? Remember I said I was having a pretty bad day before I found out about the crash? Yeah - I spent the day feeling sorry for myself because some girl broke up with me the night before. Now, I am a reasonably well-adjusted 39-year old guy. I keep a pretty even keel - appreciate the good days, shrug off the bad days when I can...but, this girl got under my skin. We "dated" (and, yes, I use that term exceptionally loosely) for about two months....and I let her get to me. All I kept telling myself all day was that I just needed to "snap out of it" and I had a friend tell me that it was OK to have a lousy day feeling sorry for yourself - but, something will come along and make you forget what you're feeling sorry about.

Umm...I guess. But, this might have been a little overkill in that department. God could have sent me a Hooters girl instead of a fiery plane crash - and both would have gotten me past a silly break-up.

Maybe next time.

I do appreciate you thinking of me. It really does mean a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Steve... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Steve...   Hey Steve... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Steve...
Page 1 of 1