Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

so, whilst i was gone...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

so, whilst i was gone... Empty
PostSubject: so, whilst i was gone...   so, whilst i was gone... EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:24 am

so, I was gone for a few days, and my youngest's class had lunch with this man:

so, whilst i was gone... Matty2

his name is Manuel Maroun. I know none of you know who he is, but he owns the Ambassador Bridge. The Bridge connects Detroit and Windsor.
It accounts for 26% of the border crossings between the US and Canada. they charge 4 bucks a crossing for cars, and around $10 for trucks.
That's about $60,000,000 a year. Take out about 20 million for maintainance for the bridge and he makes forty million dollars a year. Every year.

It's his bridge.

so, whilst i was gone... AmbassadorBridge

did I mention that when he bought the bridge, he beat out Warren Buffet in a bidding war?

he was fascinating to listen to.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: so, whilst i was gone...   so, whilst i was gone... EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I once bought the Brooklyn Bridge from some guy on the street. Somehow it didn't turn out to be the windfall that I was hoping for but if you like I would be glad to have lunch with your youngest's class and discuss this brilliant transaction.
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526

PostSubject: Re: so, whilst i was gone...   so, whilst i was gone... EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:33 am

you gona buy? cuz he bought us all lunch.
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: so, whilst i was gone...   so, whilst i was gone... EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:19 am

The deal's off. I only offered figuring I'd get a free school lunch for my efforts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so, whilst i was gone...   so, whilst i was gone... Empty

Back to top Go down

so, whilst i was gone...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Not Off Topic :: Clothier's Den of Warmth and Sincerity-
Jump to: