Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

America's Most Miserable Cities

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

America's Most Miserable Cities Empty
PostSubject: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 am

(Cliff Notes version [and in descending order of misery]: Cleveland, Stockton, Calif., Memphis,
Tenn., Detroit, Flint, Mich., Miami, St. Louis, Buffalo, N.Y., Canton, Ohio and Chicago.)
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:35 am

4 & 5? Really? Now I'm pissed. How can we not be #1?

I demand a recount.

as an aside, did you see the guy in the flag shirt and hat in one of those pix? The plant in the background? Right next door to the strip mall where I work.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:39 am

I am sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
bbqboy
Unable to Focus
Unable to Focus
bbqboy

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:59 am

Are the abandoned houses considered in play in Urban Golf, or do you get a free drop if your drive ends up in an open air living room?

Last edited by bbqboy on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:28 am

that's a good question. it depends on the condition of the house. if you you and your playing partner (or the rules committee member) feel that the house is unsafe to enter, then you get the free drop, no nearer the hole. It's kind of like playing on one of the florida courses where the have 'gator issues. Gotta play it safe, you know.

Oh, and crack houses? You get the drop there as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:13 pm

I would just like to point out that Pittston is NOT on the list. Pittston people are very happy people.
Back to top Go down
Agent 13
Needs Help
Agent 13

Number of posts : 4130
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Billy Heff wrote:
I would just like to point out that Pittston is NOT on the list. Pittston people are very happy people.

How about Shickshinny? I hear they got all kinds of issues over there.
Back to top Go down
https://wayofftopic.darkbb.com
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:52 pm

i understand Shickshinny is trying to start a new May Day tradition this year with Shickshinny Steve, the town shrew. If he pokes his head out of his hole, and doesn't see his shadow, that means the world really is going to end in 2012.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Baltimore didn't make the list?

The 10% heroin addiction rate must be salving the misery of Charm City and skewing the numbers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:29 pm

clothier wrote:
i understand Shickshinny is trying to start a new May Day tradition this year with Shickshinny Steve, the town shrew. If he pokes his head out of his hole, and doesn't see his shadow, that means the world really is going to end in 2012.

Wouldn't work. In Shickshinny, they shoot just about everything that moves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Miserable Cities   America's Most Miserable Cities Empty

Back to top Go down

America's Most Miserable Cities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Way Off Topic :: Off Topic :: Discuss Already-
Jump to: