Way Off Topic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegister

Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying Empty
PostSubject: Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying   Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Average man buys his own underwear for just 17 years of his life - and only if he's got a hot date
BY Issie Lapowsky
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 2:41 PM

Chances are, they didn't buy those briefs themselves: Most men leave underwear shopping to the women in their lives, a survey found.
Take our PollMen and underwear Guys, do you buy your own underwear?

Yes, I like to pick them out myself. Sometimes ... if there's no one else to do it. No, my mom, wife or partner buys them for me.

According to a survey conducted by British department store Debenhams, the average man only buys new underpants when he is about to start a new relationship.

What's more, men only take responsibility for buying their own underwear for about 17 years of their lives. The rest of the time it falls to their mothers, and later to their wives or girlfriends, the survey found.

“You can tell when a man is looking for a partner by the number of new underpants they buy,” Rob Faucherand of Debenhams told the Daily Mail. “If [a man] buys more than 31 pairs every year, he's either still trying desperately to impress the woman in his life - or else she's not The One.”

Age also proved to be a factor in a guy’s underwear habits. Debenhams' study showed that men between the ages of 19 and 26 prefer tight briefs, while guys between 26 and 33 wear boxers. Y-front undies are the favorite of the over-33 crowd.

You can blame that last statistic on the ladies, though, since most men stop buying their own underwear completely by the time they’re 33. The number often rises five to seven years later, as some men go through breakups or divorces, and drops off again by age 44.

“It is odd that even the most macho men delegate the duty of buying new underpants - the garment closest to their masculinity - to women as soon as they can,” Faucherand said. “I’m sure Freudian analysis of this trait would give us all a clearer insight into human relationships.

"Our findings mean that from now on Debenhams will begin to market men’s underpants in a way which appeals to women, since they are the people who are most often deciding what to buy.”
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying   Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 am

Never wear them myself.

What does that mean?
Back to top Go down
i95
Needs Help
i95

Number of posts : 4315
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying   Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:52 pm

It means that all that stands between you and the rest of the world is the cheapest quality of polyester known to mankind.
Back to top Go down
laststandchili
Underachiever
Underachiever
laststandchili

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying   Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:27 pm

What are you supposed to wear with short sleeved dress shirts and aloha ties?
Back to top Go down
pastrami-on-wry
Needs Help
pastrami-on-wry

Number of posts : 3289
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying   Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 pm

laststandchili wrote:
What are you supposed to wear with short sleeved dress shirts and aloha ties?

These, of course:

Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying AH-TKJ-6464-OR
Back to top Go down
clothier
Needs Help
clothier

Number of posts : 3526
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying   Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:19 am

freudian analysis?

you mean the branch of psychology that has almost totally fallen outof use since it was pointless?

Doofus.

i buy my own underwear. i have since i was about 16.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying   Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying Empty

Back to top Go down

Men's Only 17 Years of Underwear Buying
Page 1 of 1